• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
My choice will probably be boring to most but the Ahtal -Ka weapons look great (especially GS/DB and Bow to me)

GS:

latest

DB:
latest

Bow:

latest

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
Always been a fan of the Narg weapon sets. Dual blades specifically. Horrible how these were done dirty by Capcom in MHW.

FWHWplPVsAMSsYs

MHW so popular that even the Narg Armor Nendoroid rocking it's terrible design over the classic iconic dual blades design. Goodsmile why tho? 😑

ae53864d0456bf2f654345664444a2ae.jpg

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
hammer main here. i love the frozen tuna and all but....

The Bristly Pincushion hammer on the Orion (santa) set is top tier for me.
maxresdefault.jpg

FunCarl

Oct 30, 2017
Dawning Tranquility (Shara Ishvalda Hammer) for more recent.
latest

Lightbreak Twins (Brachydios dual blades) from 4U are my absolute favorites though.
latest

MoonlitSeer

Fallen Guardian
Jun 9, 2023
Always been a fan of the Narg weapon sets. Dual blades specifically. Horrible how these were done dirty by Capcom in MHW.

FWHWplPVsAMSsYs

MHW so popular that even the Narg Armor Nendoroid rocking it's terrible design over the classic iconic dual blades design. Goodsmile why tho? 😑

ae53864d0456bf2f654345664444a2ae.jpg
Licensing. It was specifically the license from MHW, so it gets those designs.

For me, I really like the Shara LBG and the Teostra Charge Blade!
EPtpWG2XsAUN9rr.jpg

img1b2urqur21.jpg

That charge blade is probably my favourite design in the series, even if I'm not a charge blade main most of the time.

Teostra armour, too, but Capcom said girls can't have the cool version so I never use it.

EPtpWG2XsAUN9rr.jpg

img1b2urqur21.jpg

That charge blade is probably my favourite design in the series, even if I'm not a charge blade main most of the time.

Teostra armour, too, but Capcom said girls can't have the cool version so I never use it.
This is the first that I've seen about G-rank Kaiser set in action figure form, and to my eternal surprise, I can't see anything about it online, though I admittedly am only looking at it from the perspective that it's a part of the Revoltech Yamaguchi series, to which also opened up my eyes to the fact that they're making ones for the Malzeno and Lunagaron sets that look sick as fuck.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Dawning Tranquility (Shara Ishvalda Hammer) for more recent.
latest

Lightbreak Twins (Brachydios dual blades) from 4U are my absolute favorites though.
latest
The hammer was going to be my vote. All the Ishvalda gear was great but having the transcendent palm as a hammer was just genius. Felt so satisfying to smack monsters with it too 😆

Honorable mention goes to the Astalos weapons. I swear the Asta GS used to open like scissors when you charged in in MHGen but that animation seemed to be gone in Sunbreak.

latest

Norsuchamp

Feb 6, 2020
Dual Blades has been my main for almost 20 years now and I just love this simple yet aggressive design

Monster-Hunter-Rise-Best-Dual-Blades-Mud-Twister.png

I also gotta say that I envy you people who use Hunting Horn 'cause those designs are so cool that it hurts.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The Gigginox Hunting Horn is a chained up coffin.

U6BVSECO3wxifeFKrL1b_VPsAdgYrQvB-7ffqgGccGU.jpg

While not as silly, I gotta hand it to the Velkhana Hunting Horn for how classy it looks.

2410-1581520590-1125248219.jpeg

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
The (Coral) Pukei-Pukei flower Hammer was amazing.

zZ37avE.jpg

I will never understand why decided to ditch it in Rise for a standard ore/bone design.

Don't have any good in-game images but many of the Bazelgeuse weapons looked amazing too. Unfortunately it didn't have a hammer. The Long Sword was my favorite:

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_prv57mKrMO1xhh6fxo1_1280.pnj

I don't see how Wyvern Ignition can be topped. It's got a jet in it! Luckily, it happened to be among the most powerful GS in MHW's base game.

I also love the Jawblade. A classic design.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017

Diablos lance design is simple. I like the teeth spiralling around the hilt.

latest

KD set is pretty nice aesthetically i feel as well.

I could probably list 20 of my fav fashion lances in this thread easily.

Oct 25, 2017
Recently, I took a liking to the Lost Code weapon designs, especially the Switch Axe one. One of the first premium layered weapons I ever bought.
Xk6Sqgv.jpeg

And then there's this beast (Grim Cat)
o64uH46.png

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US

EPtpWG2XsAUN9rr.jpg

img1b2urqur21.jpg

Teostra always has the best. My favorite is the Hunting Harp (horn). It makes Harp sounds when you use it!

latest

Honestly, Hunting Horn really does have the best designs of any class.

I also really like the Wooden Dog LBG from Rise.
latest

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
The (Coral) Pukei-Pukei flower Hammer was amazing.

zZ37avE.jpg

I will never understand why decided to ditch it in Rise for a standard ore/bone design.

Don't have any good in-game images but many of the Bazelgeuse weapons looked amazing too. Unfortunately it didn't have a hammer. The Long Sword was my favorite:
The flower hammer was never really a Pukei Pukei design, it was just reused from other monsters from previous games.
It's still a shame it wasn't in the game of course. The standard ore/bone design is boring.

CryoFlar3

Oct 27, 2017
Brachy's CB is cool because the slime changes with the charge

latest

The way the eye works on Safi's CB reminds me of the eye of sauron
safis-bindshield-mhw-wiki-guide.png
10b7b491047266fb8cb846d8d48e2099.jpg

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Mizutsune Long Sword for me.

Alatreon Longsword too, but it just make me want a proper scythe weapon.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Good, the gun hammer is already here, dat charging barrel rotation
In the spirit of hammers and charging animations

latest

Seltas Queen Hammer

latest

Gobul Hammer, yes GOBUL, none of this pukei thievery

fledderklauen-mhr-wiki-guide.png
frostmoon_bloodclaws-mhr-wiki-guide.png
latest

Any Dual Blades that looks like Claws (Gore Magala, Lunagaron Nergigante, Somnacanth)

squawkscythe-monster-hunter-rise-wiki-guide.png
latest

Any longsword that looks like a scythe, granted these never look quite right lol, but good ol beaky over there is quite the look

LincolnTunnel

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
As a Swaxe Main I've always liked the Golden Crescent. It's just got such a classy axe design. It won't let me embed a pic on mobile for some reason tho.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Dual Blades has been my main for almost 20 years now and I just love this simple yet aggressive design

Monster-Hunter-Rise-Best-Dual-Blades-Mud-Twister.png

I also gotta say that I envy you people who use Hunting Horn 'cause those designs are so cool that it hurts.
Oh yes, I was so preoccupied with claw dual blades I almost forgot my razor wheels

It actively devastates me that these are microtransaction only, I could not support that but I love them so

5800d5ac91fd6a133cf28a94501eee2c9b1af30ee8002e36.png

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
adrian-salguero-martin-5.jpg

What could have been. Amber jail got robbed in that weapon design contest. https://itadakki.artstation.com/projects/rGAKa

Hard for me to pick favorites just by memory, but I love Barioth so I'm partial to it's weapons with the amber tusk designs. And yeah, any dual blade that use a claw design are awesome.

And micro transaction dlc or not, the plushie weapons in rise ARE adorable as hell. Shame they cost what they do.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
All these Monster Hunter posts got me to buy MHR with Sunbreak on my PS5 (on sale right now). I played the base game on my XSX so I am excited to try out a new build with Sunbreak.

Annie85x

Mar 12, 2020
As a charge blade main, my fav was the Dante DMC one from World, would love to see a similarly stripped back and basic design in Wilds.

MoonlitSeer

Fallen Guardian
Jun 9, 2023
This is the first that I've seen about G-rank Kaiser set in action figure form, and to my eternal surprise, I can't see anything about it online, though I admittedly am only looking at it from the perspective that it's a part of the Revoltech Yamaguchi series, to which also opened up my eyes to the fact that they're making ones for the Malzeno and Lunagaron sets that look sick as fuck.
I REALLY want the figure, but I can't justify it right now. It looks so good though.

It's such a cool charge blade that it convinced me to try out charge blade and while I prefer Switch Axe for melee, it was definitely worth it. Absolutely crushed that we never got it in World; thankfully Rise had it.