ANH Droid Callers - Did I get them right?

v312

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been looking for a correct Han Solo thumbscrew for quite a while, and finally I found some, so I think now my collection should be complete.

Let me know if I missed some, or got some of the details wrong. I could not find much BTS pictures or other information on the jawa ones, so if you have some please share.

1637272720585.png

Left to right :

Han's;

Luke's 2. Also serve as replicas for the 2 props used in the scene where the jawas point one to C3PO and he says: "Don't shoot!". I don't know if they really were the same props of 4 different ones, but could not catch any obvious differences during the few seconds they show on screen.

Next one is carried by one jawa while they are unloading the droids for the sale - appeared to be a linhof with the clip still on

Next is the one used to turn off R2D2 - could not tell if it is a kobold or a linhof, but the small thumbscrew and the clip are missing and the D-ring is smaller

Last is one used as a communication device by one of the imperial scan crew guys just before they enter to scan the Falcon. Could not catch much details on this one other than it was silver, no cap and had a D-ring. Could be one of the others re-used, as the guy was carrying it in his pocket, so no real need for a D-ring on it (like Han's)

Looks good but I think you’re missing one variation. Luke also has one with the top knurled section removed. It’s an easy mod and I had mine like it for a while before putting it back on.
85738907-FBB7-4E9E-B6AC-A50FF48C0FE3.jpeg

6C7C9951-E01D-4066-A9B2-51F626A05B71.jpeg

98160633-FD65-4511-B6F0-FCC1F7B183B7.jpeg

The severed hand saber has the lower knurling removed too.. i wonder if they recycled a costume belt piece for it

Looks good but I think you’re missing one variation. Luke also has one with the top knurled section removed. It’s an easy mod and I had mine like it for a while before putting it back on.
You are right, I've seen the pictures, but somehow never paid attention to the caller. I can't imagine they later found the ring and put it back on, so it must be yet another of those silver kobolds painted black.

There's also this picture. I assumed the caller is one of the 2 that I replicated, but without the cap , but who knows - could be yet another one.
1637282980753.png

Added the missing variation to my collection. It can be spotted in the movie for example when Luke and Ben exit the cantina to sell the speeder.

1638238603579.png

No paint wear yet, but it's an intentionally crappy paintjob so it will happen naturally over time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back