Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Admonitor-class Pocket Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
GxS7v9w.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Developed by the Wolfe Design Bureau / Produced by the CSA
  • Model: Admonitor-class Pocket Star Destroyer
  • Affiliation: Commenor Systems Alliance, The Shrouded
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel hull
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Light Cruiser / Picket Carrier
  • Length: 500.3m
  • Width: 102.8m
  • Height: 61.2m
  • Armament: Very Low
    Turbolasers
    - 120 Quad lasers
    - 1 Ventral-mounted Railgun Turret (low-caliber)
  • Defenses: Low
  • Hangar: 1 Squadron
  • Maneuverability Rating: Moderate
  • Speed Rating: High
  • Hyperdrive Class: 3
SPECIAL FEATURES

Strengths:
  • Cheap: Affordable and expendable design that is well-suited for patrol/support roles and high-risk covert operations.
  • Fast and Agile: The Admonitor is designed for hit-and-run tactics and as such, it is fast and nimble.
  • Modular Design: The Admonitor-class has been designed from the ground up with future revisions in mind, making retrofitting easier and cheaper than comparable ships.
Weaknesses:
  • Weak Defenses: The Admonitor-class is not designed for participation in extended, pitched battles and the shields and armor reflect that.
  • Light Armament: Intended to serve more as a carrier and mobile base, or in a harassment role, it features armament which is inferior to ships of comparable size.
  • No Missile/Torpedo Capabilities: As the Admonitor is not designed to face off against capital ships, or even other cruisers, it is not equipped with torpedoes.
Description:
  • Designed by the Wolfe Design Bureau around the hull layout of the old Immobilizer-418 interdictor cruiser, the Admonitor is a picket carrier which is classified as a Pocket Star Destroyer by W.D.B. in both internal design documents and promotional material. Intended to operate in tandem with the TIE/Reaper model starfighters designed by the same company, it follows the W.D.B. doctrine of modularity, reliability and affordable cost. Unlike the starfighter alongside which it is marketed, the Admonitor-class is a far more versatile design, capable of performing in a wide variety of roles, from policing and patrol duties, to covert operations behind enemy lines, such as disrupting supply lines, or taking out enemy listening posts and small bases.
  • Designed and built for maneuverability and speed, the Admonitor-class is lightly-armed and armored, in order to save costs and reduce weight, so as to improve its speed rating. In addition, the shields of the Admonitor-class are light, in order to save up more power for the engines. Since the Admonitor was designed around hit-and-run tactics, strong defenses and powerful armament were not deemed a design priority. Although first-iteration Admonitors suffer from these drawbacks, the layout of the ship has been designed from the ground up with future retrofits in mind and as such, better shielding and more powerful armament could be installed at a relatively low cost, as entire sections of the hull plating can be removed easily and the ship's power distribution grid is designed in such a way as to allow additional equipment to be installed with relative ease.
  • One of the greatest advantages of the Admonitor-class, in addition to its modularity and versatility, is its low price tag, enabling it to be built and deployed in great numbers relatively quickly by the Dominion's military and associated companies which have been licensed to produce the vessel. As it is intended to be fielded in great numbers, design considerations were made for it to operate in groups of three or four, using wolfpack tactics to take out targets which would normally be outside the range of enemies that a single Admonitor could deal with.
  • A prototype of the Admonitor-class, called the Final Verdict, exists and has actually been operational for several years before the design was marketed, as a mercenary ship under the command of Kainan Wolfe. Built out of the shell of a derelict Immobilizer-418 interdictor which Wolfe and his mercenaries somehow acquired, the hull has received extensive modifications, from the removal of the defunct gravity well generators, to the partial reconstruction of the hull, during which one hundred meters were shaved off from the ship's length, as the extra space that housed some of the gravity well equipment, was no longer necessary. The modifications were performed by a shipyard contracted by Wolfe, in accordance with his specifications. Production-version Admonitors are intended to feature several additional modifications, mostly to the ship's internal superstructure, in order to fit Wolfe's vision of a modular and highly versatile cruiser.
Since I am not currently aware what the proper complement of weapons would be for a ship of this class, I have left that section vague. Some help would be much appreciated, if someone could point me to examples.

Travis Caalgen

T
Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Travis Caalgen

T
[member="Kainan Wolfe"]

Apologies for the wait, I'll be judging this in the morning

[member="Travis Caalgen"] Take your time. We all have those things called "lives", that require our occasional attention.

Travis Caalgen

T
[member="Kainan Wolfe"]

Alright...

First of all, this is not defined as a cruiser but rather a frigate. I recommend you either up it the few meters in length or reclassify it as a frigate.

No matter what though, I'm going to suggest you change your ratings to this (Feel free to up any rating but make sure to lower another, 2 squadrons is the limit for a ship of this size)
  • 100 Turbolasers (Turbolasers, not turbolaser batteries. Batteries = 4 turbolasers in a row)
    0 Warhead Launchers
    120 Quad lasers
  • Defenses: Average
  • Hangar: 2 (Extreme Rating) Squadrons
  • Maneuverability Rating: Average
  • Speed Rating: Low

Ah, ok. Will lower the squadron count to 1 and the weapons to what you suggested. Is that ok?

EDIT: For some reason, I can't seem to be able to edit my first post. Nevermind, I figured it out.

- 90 Turbolasers
- 120 Quad lasers
- 1 Ventral-mounted Railgun Turret (low-caliber)
  • Defenses: Low
  • Hangar: 1 Squadron
  • Maneuverability Rating: Moderate
  • Speed Rating: High
Is this ok? I'd like to keep the ship's speed and maneuverability to what they are, if possible, since its supposed to be its main advantage. If its still too OP, I'll bump them down, however.

Travis Caalgen

T
[member="Carpy"]

That's perfect actually, thank you. :D

Though I still need you to fix the classification issue that I stated in my above post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom