• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Z-bolt lasers

I haven't used that particular model (website lists launch date of this quarter), but I do use a z-bolt jobsite xt green and mark 4 IR handhelds regularly, so I can vouch that the company is good to go - tight beams, work below the rated temps, and don't chew batteries. I'd expect the same from the new line, whenever it drops.

Cool. Depending on price and performance the MFAL could potential stack up well against Steiner and Holosun. The ACAL seems compelling as well.

I’ve had two Z bolts. Sold one to a buddy and still have the trip wire detection one sitting on my reloading bench. Solid lasers, used them in many places
image.jpg

Reactions: nikonNUT
Seems like their other products are legit. Anybody seen or had their hands on the new products? The MFAL and ACAL specifically

They have a LEO/MIL full power version, I just linked to the civ models.

I've used the mk1 ir pointer and it's awesome, especially for the price

I have used their handhelds for years, mostly the green line/dot. Got to talking with a rep (possibly the owner) at a Warrior Expo a few years ago and he sent me home with a blue handheld that I use all the time at work.

A bit off topic, for those that have used these- are any of the off the shelf versions bright enough for signaling purposes. In a SAR capacity, could searchers shine it overhead and missing persons see it and navigate to it? Sure could've used something like that the other night. I tried the cheap China pointer I keep in my nods case but it just didn't seem to have enough horsepower.

A bit off topic, for those that have used these- are any of the off the shelf versions bright enough for signaling purposes. In a SAR capacity, could searchers shine it overhead and missing persons see it and navigate to it? Sure could've used something like that the other night. I tried the cheap China pointer I keep in my nods case but it just didn't seem to have enough horsepower.

That depends... for visibles, you wont really see the beam except for particles in the air like dust or smoke. For a SAR capacity, you're better off with a white strobe light. Even a little 9v firefly can do wonders if you're under nods, and even in the daytime, white strobes are easy to pick up a good distance away if you can point them at ground teams or aircraft. I'd argue a signal mirror is even better in daytime, as you can control the flash pattern to be more noticeable.

For your use case of someone navigating to you - a radio and a flashlight. Finding someone is infinitely easier if they can flood more light, and they can talk you on to terrain or landmarks around them.

Cloudy night you might get some visible bounce. I’d be worried about a high power laser going into the sky uncontrolled/unchecked. If I’m not mistaken it is illegal anyway, and I doubt a SAR team would be exempt