Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Topics - AmigaJay

Atari Chat / Free Jaguar PDF
July 22, 2018, 19:45:50 PM
I know lots of Atari Jaguar fans frequent these forums, so I've put together another in my series of free historical magazine adverts and reviews PDF's for the system.

https://issuu.com/amigajay
Retro News & Chat / PLAY Expo London 2018
March 16, 2018, 08:17:02 AM
Finally a PLAY Expo event comes south and to London in 2018!

August 11th-12th

https://www.playexpolondon.com

Anyone looking at going to this?
Unofficial CD32 Release - 4 Decades Of Amiga Demos

I bring you my final CD32 release, i hope you've enjoyed the releases I've brought to you over the 15 or so months I've been doing them.

"4 Decades of Amiga Demos" has been in the works the last 3 months, if you have followed its progress over on EAB you will know about it, well this is the first public release, containing over 300 demos from 4 decades (80s, 90s, 00s, 10s) all playable from a joypad from the easy to use menu.

Yes there have been demo collections before, for one never as big as  this one, secondly they normally are Workbench driven discs meaning  needing a mouse and clicking through folders each time to load a demo,  and lastly no disc has been tested to make sure every demo runs on a  stock CD32 machine.

Disc Menu

The disc contains an easy to use menu, ability to search for a demo by Name, Year or Group (more group folders will follow with each update). Along with 10 must watch OCS & AGA demos for people new to the Amiga demo scene.

Contains classic demos from Anarchy, Andromeda, Kefrens, Lemon, Melon Dezign, Polka Brothers, Rage, RNO, Rebels, Sanity, Scoopex, Spaceballs, The Silents, TRSI, Virtual Dreams & Fairlight among many more!

The disc contains old classics from the late 80's right upto demos from Revision 2017  like Catabasis from Cocoon and Retrovision by insane.

*Note: there may be the odd small graphical glitch on a demo, this is may either be because its an whdload problem or the demo itself is old and may not be full aga compatible, but either way they have been deemed still fully enjoyable!

Please discuss and download the demo HERE

Source: Unofficial CD32 Release - 4 Decades Of Amiga Demos
General Retro Chat / Neo-Geo CD
August 21, 2017, 13:36:14 PM
Just posting to show my latest blog on the Neo-Geo CD I've been working on the last few days, its mainly jewel case CD covers for the games if you intend to burn them to disc, but with the spine image attached as i prefer that look.

I'm also adding CD load times and giving comparisons which i'm currently working on, along with CD added features, music etc at some point.

Take a look if you're that way inclined;

http://ngcdcovers.blogspot.co.uk/
Unofficial CD32 Release - 4 Decades Of Amiga Demos

I bring you my final CD32 release, i hope you've enjoyed the releases I've brought to you over the 15 or so months I've been doing them.

"4 Decades of Amiga Demos" has been in the works the last 3 months, if you have followed its progress over on EAB you will know about it, well this is the first public release, containing over 300 demos from 4 decades (80s, 90s, 00s, 10s) all playable from a joypad from the easy to use menu.

Yes there have been demo collections before, for one never as big as  this one, secondly they normally are Workbench driven discs meaning  needing a mouse and clicking through folders each time to load a demo,  and lastly no disc has been tested to make sure every demo runs on a  stock CD32 machine.

Disc Menu

The disc contains an easy to use menu, ability to search for a demo by Name, Year or Group (more group folders will follow with each update). Along with 10 must watch OCS & AGA demos for people new to the Amiga demo scene.

Contains classic demos from Anarchy, Andromeda, Kefrens, Lemon, Melon Dezign, Polka Brothers, Rage, RNO, Rebels, Sanity, Scoopex, Spaceballs, The Silents, TRSI, Virtual Dreams & Fairlight among many more!

The disc contains old classics from the late 80's right upto demos from Revision 2017  like Catabasis from Cocoon and Retrovision by insane.

*Note: there may be the odd small graphical glitch on a demo, this is may either be because its an whdload problem or the demo itself is old and may not be full aga compatible, but either way they have been deemed still fully enjoyable!

Please discuss and download the demo HERE
Alternate download link up for first week to help save EAB's bandwidth!

Source: Unofficial CD32 Release - 4 Decades Of Amiga Demos
Unofficial CD32 Release - Tiertex : The Complete Amiga Works

I've been wanting to do this collection for a year, but due to the complex programming in some of the games, its made it a hard job to put together, until now!

Feast your eyes on 'Tiertex' the CD32 Collection, easily my best collection so far, and as anyone who knows me will know Tiertex are my favourite developer, not just for the Amiga but consoles too.
  1. Alien Storm
  2. Die Hard 2: Die Harder
  3. Dynasty Wars
  4. England Championship Special
  5. Human Killing Machine
  6. Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade: The Action Game
  7. Italy 1990
  8. Last Duel: Inter Planet War 2012
  9. Mercs
  10. Rolling Thunder
  11. Street Fighter
  12. Strider
  13. Strider II
  14. Thunder Blade
  15. U.N. Squadron
  16. World Cup USA 94
16 awesome games are included, not really a bad game among them, all classics in their own right, now you too can relive the mispent childhood years playing the legendary conversions by this historic games developer.

Tiertex thankfully supported the Amiga with 8 years of top quality releases that made console owners green with envy, check out the great review scores and quotes they obtained through their illustrious back catalogue.

Discuss and download this release HERE

FOR THOSE STILL LOOKING FOR THIS DISC, I'M AFRAID IT WAS AN APRIL FOOLS DAY JOKE! 

Source: Unofficial CD32 Release - Tiertex : The Complete Amiga Works
Unofficial CD32 Release - Tiertex : The Complete Amiga Works

I've been wanting to do this collection for a year, but due to the complex programming in some of the games, its made it a hard job to put together, until now!

Feast your eyes on 'Tiertex' the CD32 Collection, easily my best collection so far, and as anyone who knows me will know Tiertex are my favourite developer, not just for the Amiga but consoles too.
  1. Alien Storm
  2. Die Hard 2: Die Harder
  3. Dynasty Wars
  4. England Championship Special
  5. Human Killing Machine
  6. Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade: The Action Game
  7. Italy 1990
  8. Last Duel: Inter Planet War 2012
  9. Mercs
  10. Rolling Thunder
  11. Street Fighter
  12. Strider
  13. Strider II
  14. Thunder Blade
  15. U.N. Squadron
  16. World Cup USA 94
16 awesome games are included, not really a bad game among them, all classics in their own right, now you too can relive the mispent childhood years playing the legendary conversions by this historic games developer.

Tiertex thankfully supported the Amiga with 8 years of top quality releases that made console owners green with envy, check out the great review scores and quotes they obtained through their illustrious back catalogue.

Discuss and download this release HERE

Source: Unofficial CD32 Release - Tiertex : The Complete Amiga Works
Retro News & Chat / EGX Rezzed 2017
March 27, 2017, 19:37:34 PM
Any folk heading down London on Saturday? Looks some decent line up of indie games to play.
Unofficial CD32 Release - Magnetic Fields : The Complete Amiga Works

This one has been near on complete since Christmas, bar a couple of games refusing to work together in the root directory of the disc, finally this weekend i got them all working!

One of my favourite developers on the Amiga, this collection contains all their Amiga works;
  1.     Crystal Dragon
  2.     Dux
  3.     Kid Chaos
  4.     Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge
  5.     Lotus Turbo Challenge 2
  6.     Lotus III: The Ultimate Challenge
  7.     MF Tanks (Needs Mouse)
  8.     P.O.D
  9.     Super Cars
  10.     Super Cars II
  11.     Super Scramble Simulator
  12.     Wrangler
 Menu Screen

Thanks to the following people for this release;
==================================
WHDLoad Slaves Written by;

Supercars - Codetapper
Supercars II - Codetapper
Crystal Dragon - Psygore
Dux - Codetapper
MF Tanks - Codetapper
P.O.D - Codetapper
Super Scramble -     Bored Seal

JTOD - for CD32Load.
Creators of WHDLoad for allowing this great program to go freeware.
And anyone else I've missed or used their utility unknowingly on this CD.

You can discuss and download this release HERE

Source: Unofficial CD32 Release - Magnetic Fields : The Complete Amiga Works
Retro News & Chat / New CD32 Release - Time Gal
March 10, 2017, 19:09:51 PM
New CD32 Release - Time Gal

Awesome new CD32 game to play this week, not by me but Reimagine Games, thought it deserved a cover so i quickly put one together here;

Chat about the game and download here.

Source: New CD32 Release - Time Gal
Unoffical CD32 Releases - Lemmings Solo Discs

As a big Lemmings fan and collector of all things Lemmings, i wanted all the Lemmings games on seperate discs, and i thought i would try and get all Lemmings games playable on a stock CD32 with the following criteria;

* All games must be playable with a Joypad
* All games must be saveable / passwords enterable with a Joypad
* No OS screen flashes due to lack of RAM

Earok had already done the hard work on Lemmings 2 and All New World Of Lemmings, the past few days I've updated Lemmings, and got both the Christmas Lemmings games to work, along with designing the front and back covers for all the games.

Sadly the only other commercial Amiga Lemmings game not to pass the criteria is Oh No! More Lemmings, which has issues with a virtual mouse using CD32Load and/or OS flashes and keyboard needed for the game protection using JST, all that along with the password screen needing a keyboard on either version anyway, so for now this is not included until we sort the Issue's.

But for now, those who want seperate Lemmings releases enjoy these 5 games!

Lemmings
Removed CDTV Planetside selection screen, game loads straight to Lemmings from boot.
Joypad Compatible / Passwords entered with Joypad.

Lemmings 2
Thanks to Earok for the work on Lemmings 2
Joypad Compatible / Game saves to CD32 NVRAM

Christmas Lemmings '93
Improved since Psygnosis Collection, finally managed to get this to run from files which means;

Christmas Lemmings '94
Improved since Psygnosis Collection, finally managed to get this to run from files which means;

All New World Of Lemmings
Thanks again to Earok for the work on ANWOL.
Joypad Compatible / Game saves to CD32 NVRAM

Source: Unoffical CD32 Releases - Lemmings Solo Discs
Unofficial CD32/CDTV/Amiga Release - More! Lemmings

Ever since i played Lemmings for the first time back in 1991, its stayed one of my favourite games of all time. And whilst i enjoyed its sequels and spin-offs, the original to me will never be bettered. Sadly for the Amiga, the various level editors and clones over the past decade are only for PC's and Mac's meaning the Amiga hasn't had any new levels since the original games over 20 years ago!

Until now! I'm proud to present 'More! Lemmings', which contains 120 new levels to be played through, never seen on the Amiga before.
Fully playable with a Mouse or Joypad if you own a CD32, or Infared Remote or Mouse for CDTV owners.
In-game screenshots
Download CD32 Version (Archive also contains Front & Back cover art)

Download CDTV Version (Archive also contains Front & Back cover art)

Download ADF Disk Version (1 MB ram & 2 disk drives required)

Game start too hard for you? 
Try this trainer version instead, lets you have unlimited skills, time.
Download ADF Disk Flashtro Version
Thanks go to:
DamienD for sorting the ADF version.
Minimac94 for the converted Megadrive levels.
SIRIaX for the Flashtro version.

Stop! That's not all! As a final Christmas gift to you all, i offer my Lemmings - The Ports PDF book containing over 300 pages all about the different Lemmings ports absolutely free!

That's definitely it for me this side of Christmas! Enjoy the game and book, and once again have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Source: Unofficial CD32/CDTV/Amiga Release - More! Lemmings
Retro News & Chat / Unofficial CD32 Release - SCAS 2016
January 28, 2017, 13:03:07 PM
Unofficial CD32 Release - SCAS 2016

As the title suggests, this release is the classic Amiga scene releases through 2016, now easily playable for CD32 owners, containing, games, demos, intro, music disks, images, a wide mixture of great stuff the Amiga community has released in 2016.

Menu Screen

You can view the contents of the disc and credits in the included readme file, along with the coverart and iso.

You can download and rate this release HERE

Source: Unofficial CD32 Release - SCAS 2016
Unofficial CD32 Release - Graftgold : The Complete Amiga Works

A new year, time for a new release for the CD32, and another in the Publisher/Developer series, this time Graftgold, a independent developer that made some great Amiga games over a 7 year period from 1989 to 1995.

Loading Screen
The games included on the disc are;
  • Empire Soccer
  • Fire & Ice
  • Fire & Ice CD32
  • Fire & Ice Xmas Demo
  • Paradroid 90
  • Rainbow Islands
  • Realms
  • Simulcra
  • Super Off-Road 
  • Uridium 2
  • Virocop
  • Virocop AGA
Menu Screen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many thanks for the original WHDLoad slave guys;

Empire Soccer - Galahad & Codetapper
Fire & Ice - Harry & JOTD
Fire & Ice Xmas Demo - MiCK
Paradroid 90 - John Girvin
Rainbow Islands - Mr.Larmer & JOTD & Abaddon
Realms - Wepl
Simulcra - Graham & Wepl
Super Off-Road - Dark Angel & CFOU!
Uridium 2 - John Girvin
Virocop - JOTD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to the other following people for this release;

JTOD - CD32Load

Source: Unofficial CD32 Release - Graftgold : The Complete Amiga Works
Unofficial CD32/CDTV/Amiga Release - More! Lemmings

Ever since i played Lemmings for the first time back in 1991, its stayed one of my favourite games of all time. And whilst i enjoyed its sequels and spin-offs, the original to me will never be bettered. Sadly for the Amiga, the various level editors and clones over the past decade are only for PC's and Mac's meaning the Amiga hasn't had any new levels since the original games over 20 years ago!

Until now! I'm proud to present 'More! Lemmings', which contains 120 new levels to be played through, never seen on the Amiga before.
Fully playable with a Mouse or Joypad if you own a CD32, or Infared Remote or Mouse for CDTV owners.
In-game screenshots
Download CD32 Version (Archive also contains Front & Back cover art)

Download CDTV Version (Archive also contains Front & Back cover art)

Download ADF Disk Version (1 MB ram & 2 disk drives required)

Game start to hard for you? 
Try this trainer version instead, lets you have unlimited skills, time.
Download ADF Disk Flashtro Version

Thanks go to:
DamienD for sorting the ADF version.
Minimac94 for the converted Megadrive levels.
SIRIaX for the Flashtro version.

Stop! That's not all! As a final Christmas gift to you all, i offer my Lemmings - The Ports PDF book containing over 300 pages all about the different Lemmings ports absolutely free!

That's definitely it for me this side of Christmas! Enjoy the game and book, and once again have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Source: Unofficial CD32/CDTV/Amiga Release - More! Lemmings
Unofficial CD32 Release - Amiga Christmas Crackers

It's that time of year to get merry and festive, and after putting up your Christmas decorations and getting a drink and cracking some nuts, what better way to help get in the mood than play some classic Amiga Christmas themed games in front of your TV this Christmas?!
A total of 33 games, demo's and music are included on the disc, some great little games on here that you may have never heard or played before,  i won't list them all here, but i have made a handy image below of everything included!

Thanks, Credits and Controls are in the Readme file, which is included with the .iso and box cover art.

If i don't post again before Christmas, have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Video of game disc in action.

Source: Unofficial CD32 Release - Amiga Christmas Crackers
Unofficial CD32 Release - Psygnosis : The Complete Amiga Works

2016 is the 30th Anniversary of Psygnosis' first Amiga game 'Brataccas'. Psygnosis were one of the most influential Amiga publishers over the 10 years they published for games for it. Many will recall Shadow Of The Beast being one of the major turning points to setting the Amiga aside from the Atari ST, PC and other home computers at the time.

As mentioned Psygnosis were the joint longest supporting Publishers for the Amiga, having supported the platform with releases over 10 years from 1986 to 1995, they were also in the top 5 Amiga Publishers of total unique game releases.

For the last 3 month's on and off, I've put this huge collection together, and unlike other compilations from years past, this time each and every game is playable on a stock CD32, yes my hair is thinner because of it (curse you Armour Geddon II!).

All my other releases I've made every game compatible with the cd32 pad, but due to the sheer amount of games and wanting a complete collection this unfortunately isn't possible, with some games requiring too many keyboard commands to fit on the CD32 pads 7 buttons! But still over 50 games are playable just with the CD32 pad, 10 or so need a mouse and around 5 titles also need
a keyboard, details of all these can be found in the readme, they are also listed on the CD so you know before you load each game.

Each and every game has been tested to try and bring you the best control method for the CD32 controller if possible with many games having controls mapped to the CD32 pad, along with improvements in some games i.e Globdule now runs at 60fps, and Red Zone runs at a more acceptable speed!

Game Selection Screen

There's too many games too list on this blog post what's on the disc, the full list can be found in the readme included in the download;

But the main premise of the disc includes;
  • 68 full released games (+Microcosm on Disc 2)
  • 1 full unreleased game
  • 2 demos of unreleased games
  • 2 demos with unique levels not in full releases
  • CDTV Psygnosis Demo
  • Musical Slideshow of other Unreleased Games
  • Musical Slideshow of Psygnosis Box Art
  •  

More Psygnosis goodies on the net:
  • Read the excellent Retro Asylum PDF History Of Psygnosis
  • Watch the awesome Story & Games of Psygnosis video by Kim Justice (below).

Source: Unofficial CD32 Release - Psygnosis : The Complete Amiga Works
Unofficial CD32 Release - Factor 5 : The Complete Amiga Works

We all know Factor 5 went on to create some truly amazing games after their 16-bit creations, most notably their Star Wars licenced games for Nintendo systems. This pack takes us right back to the start of their love of 16-bit systems, this is the Factor 5 : The Complete Amiga Works.
All 8 of Factor 5 published games are included on the disc these are;

B.C. Kid (1992) - (2 Button Controls)
Denaris (1989)
Katakis (1988)
R-Type (1989) - (2 Button Controls) (NTSC 60fps)

Tony & Friends in Kellogg's Land (1994) - (2 Button Controls)
Turrican (1990) - (2 Button Controls)
Turrican II (1992) - (2 Button Controls) (NTSC 60fps)
Turrican 3 (1993) - (2 Button Controls)

Game Selection Screen

Many thanks for the original WHDLoad slave guys;

B.C. Kid - Mr.Larmer & Wepl
Denaris - Mr.Larmer & CFOU!
Katakis - Mr.Larmer & CFOU!
R-Type - Dark Angel & Bored Seal & Wepl
Tony & Friends in Kellog's Land - Wepl
Turrican - Wepl
Turrican 2 - Kyzer & Wepl
Turrican 3 - Mr.Larmer & Psygore
Thanks to the other following people for this release;

JTOD - CD32Load
http://www.randelshofer.ch - Turrican 3 Animations.

Video of game disc in action

Source: Unofficial CD32 Release - Factor 5 : The Complete Amiga Works
Unofficial CD32 Release - Isometric Racer Collection

The second disc of a double-pack of racing games for the CD32 is the Isometric Racer Collection, featuring 9 great isometric racing games.
9 games are included on the disc, these are;
  • All Terrain Racing (Team 17, 1995)
  • Badlands (Domark, 1990)
  • Indy Heat (Sales Curve, 1992)
  • Powerdrive (US Gold, 1994)
  • Rally Championships (Flair)
  • Rally Cross Challenge (Anco, 1989)
  • Super Off-Road (Virgin, 1990)
  • Ultimate Super Skidmarks (Acid Software, 1998)
  • Wheelspin (Black Legend, 1995)
Game Selection Screen

=================================

--------------------------------------
Badlands - Graham & JOTD
Indy Heat - Mr.Larmer & JOTD
Rally Cross Challenge - Codetapper
Super Off-Road - Codetapper

JTOD - for the awesome CD32Load and updates.

Source: Unofficial CD32 Release - Isometric Racer Collection
Unofficial CD32 Release - Overhead Racer Collection

The first disc of a double-pack of racing games for the CD32 is the Overhead Racer Collection, featuring 11 great overhead racing games.
11 games are included on the disc, these are;
  • Super Cars (Gremlin Graphics, 1990)
  • Super Cars 2 (Gremlin Graphics, 1991)
  • Max Rally (Fortress, 1998)
  • Micro Machines (Codemasters, 1993)
  • Champion Driver (Idea, 1991)
  • Jupiter's Masterdrive (Ubisoft, 1990)
  • Overdrive (Team 17, 1993)
  • Nitro (Psygnosis, 1990)
  • Turbo Trax (Arcane, 1995)
  • Roadkill (Acid Software, 1994)
  • Super Grand Prix (Codemasters, 1991)

Game Selection Screen

=================================

--------------------------------------
Super Cars - Codetapper
Super Cars 2 - Codetapper
Micro Machines - JOTD
Champion Driver - Psygore
Jupiter's Masterdrive - Psygore
Overdrive - JOTD
Nitro - Harry & Bored Seal
Turbo Trax - Psygore
Super Grand Prix - Codetapper

JTOD - for the awesome CD32Load and updates.

Source: Unofficial CD32 Release - Overhead Racer Collection