• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Need Card Fighters Clash now

5147.gif

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
How does this compare to Millionaire Fighting 2001?

It's very underrated because "lol 8 bit graphics" and "lol 2 buttons" But it's surprisingly deep with a bunch of gameplay options. Outside of fighting and unlocking characters there's a hefty selection of cute Capcom and SNK themed mini games that you can earn points to unlock new moves for characters. It really tried to be a celebration of both companies in a way that's closer to Smash than Capcom's CvS games.
Nice! Looking forward to finally playing this game.

I wonder if we'll be seeing SvC Chaos in the not too distant future. One of the biggest crimes in gaming is that that game didn't get a sequel. Yes, SvC Chaos was quite average, but I'm sure a sequel could've fixed a lot of its mistakes. Those SNK-ified sprites of Capcom characters were gorgeous and I would've loved to see more of those.

Neo Geo Battle Colosseum was definitely what they were originally going for I feel. I always wished they could go back and "remake" it like KoF 2002 did with UM but pretty sure that ship has sailed. I'd totally buy a port, but if we could a new game out of this (regardless of "side") I'd be all for it.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
With the release of Match of the Millennium, all the best fighting games on NGP are available on Switch (SNK vs Capcom : MotM, SS!2, Last Blade, Gal's Fighters).
Would be great if they released the other good NGP games in other genres (Metal Slug, Sonic, Dark Arms, Faselei).

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Please SNK, re releases Samurai shodown RPG on modern consoles.
I hate switch dpad , but i will probably buy Snk vs Cp again. It was awesome on my lovely portable console.
I wonder if they will ever plan to release these on other platforms
That would be awesome though they would need to pay for an english translation which seems unlikely...
Samurai Shodown RPG on Neo Geo CD was, on the technical front, a 16 bit RPG on steroids that wouldn't look off on a 32 bit console (big sprites, animations during battles, highly detailed pixel works, high number of colors, good music).
It hinted at what the Neo Geo could have given to the genre if it wasn't an arcade oriented platform.

Pufd3b1W2k6xH2Xgr2kCkZ2donxEoh6UWwVcMgXPXcWZJZ6WAZmjYhwL

Og6coAp.gif

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
That would be awesome though they would need to pay for an english translation which seems unlikely...
Samurai Shodown RPG on Neo Geo CD was, on the technical front, a 16 bit RPG on steroids that wouldn't look off on a 32 bit console (big sprites, animations during battles, highly detailed pixel works, high number of colors, good music).
It hinted at what the Neo Geo could have given to the genre if it wasn't an arcade oriented platform.

Pufd3b1W2k6xH2Xgr2kCkZ2donxEoh6UWwVcMgXPXcWZJZ6WAZmjYhwL

Og6coAp.gif
Yup, it was really beautiful. I think there was a translation patch, not sure if it was ever finished, though. I guess we can use emulators, but shouldn't be difficult to port and translate

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The details are vague regarding my memory of them, but I believe it had something to do with Capcom giving SNK the short end of the stick during their crossovers.
Not surprised at all. Capcom is my 2nd favorite company but I've heard some stuff from friends that have worked for them. It's nothing majorly bad, just their arrogance.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
Please SNK, re releases Samurai shodown RPG on modern consoles.
I hate switch dpad , but i will probably buy Snk vs Cp again. It was awesome on my lovely portable console.
I wonder if they will ever plan to release these on other platforms

Some of the most beautiful game ever. But they would have to translate it first i guess ?
As for the Switch dpad i have a lite now and i bought a grip, and i just tested KOF96 on it. I have to say i was surprised the moves are easy to do.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
To expand on what Neoxon was saying, they got a pitiful amount from Capcom for the success of the CvS games. Also they were on a timed deadline with their crossover agreement and asked Capcom if they could extend the deadline because of their recent at the time bankruptcy and Capcom said No which is why SvC Chaos came out the way it was.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
My friends and I played the crap out of this and Card Fighters in high school. Surprisingly NGPC was pretty popular in my high school so it was great. Someone needs to make physical copies that are in the NGPC cases for this and both versions of card fighters.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Neat! That's the good one made by SNK! (SvC Chaos is a mess);

Not too hopeful about the Capcom made games being rereleased though, but I'd love to see them ported too!

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this was developed and produced entirely by SNK, so they don't actually need any cooperation from Capcom to re-release it right?

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this was developed and produced entirely by SNK, so they don't actually need any cooperation from Capcom to re-release it right?
i doubt that's the case. usually when a company licenses their name/characters/etc to another, it's for a limited time and it's very specific how and where it can be used. just because SNK was allowed to use the name/characters 20 years ago on a NGPC game doesn't mean they can do it now for a switch release without a new license.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
They still have to get permission from Capcom. Capcom had to get SNK to play ball when they released CvS2 on PSN for PS3 years ago as well, I remember someone at Capcom at the time (Christian Svensson I think, he was pretty candid about that kind of stuff) outlining the process a bit.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Oh yeah this opens so much possibilities =D

You are wrong

Capcom would need to give their ok even if Ryu was a small cameo in the back for an unrelated game

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome news. This game is fucking legit. Hopefully this means will see CVS2. Heck, I even have a soft spot for Chaos, though that spot wasn't so soft when I paid $500 dollars for it when it came out.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
To expand on what Neoxon was saying, they got a pitiful amount from Capcom for the success of the CvS games. Also they were on a timed deadline with their crossover agreement and asked Capcom if they could extend the deadline because of their recent at the time bankruptcy and Capcom said No which is why SvC Chaos came out the way it was.
Wow that's low of Capcom.

Oct 27, 2017
Thats my favorite NGP game right behind Card Fighter. So many fun minigames in addition to the fun fighting game parts.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
While this is awesome, I'm ready for some non-fighters SNK. Gimme Metal Slug, Crush Roller, Faselei, Cardfighter's Clash, Sonic, Cotton, Picture Puzzle, Turf Masters, etc, etc.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'll definitely buy this one, but non fighting games next, we know you want to do metal slug games. Give us the card game too

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit!

I still have my copy, but this'd be awesome!

Hopefully this means Cardfighters as well!

I assumed this may be happening based on how friendly all the Japanese fighting game devs have been with each other lately (since that last round table that Harada put together).