• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
www.romhacking.net

Goemon: Shin Sedai Shuumei

This is a complete translation. The whole script has been translated, as well as the video subtitle

Seemingly out of nowhere another Goemon game is now available in English. This entry is a spinoff released in Japan only for the ps1 in 2001. These last few years have been kind to Goemon fans between all the SNES games getting localized (and relocalized for the original) along with the NES rpgs getting translated.

View: https://youtu.be/AT-i0kQRF90

Apr 24, 2018
I've always wanted to check out more Goemon games. I'll (still) die on the hill that The Legend of the Mystical Ninja starring Goemon was the best platformer on the N64.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I've tried this one in the past, thought it was okay.
Might give it another go now. Wish Bouken Jidai Kataugeki Goemon for the PS2 would be translated to.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still in disbelief over how many Goemon games have gotten a fan translation patch in the last few years.

They've been a white whale for the rom hacking scene since the 90s.

OsakaDon

Oct 29, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Awesome job on the translation, but those newer Goemon games look like shit.
Where is the charm, the traditional, wacky Japanese style?
Yuk.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome job on the translation, but those newer Goemon games look like shit.
Where is the charm, the traditional, wacky Japanese style?
Yuk.
don't worry, they put that goemon in jail for his crimes

tumblr_ncun08pgfl1qky43fim.png

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Never knew there was a ps1 game.

There were four actually (of various quality). Three mainline entries and this one, which is considered a spin-off and also released on the GBA.

For the longest time I didn't want to touch this one, because I never really liked this "shounen" style they used for this game. But now that it finally received a fan translation, I'll play it for sure. I always thought that turning Ebisumaru into a girl for Shin Sedai Suumei was quite clever though, because it goes back to the original idea (and plot twist) in Goemon 2 on the Famicom, a story they never followed up on.

MLH

Oct 26, 2017
Amazing work. I've not played this one, always thought it looked really ugly.

I can recommend Ganbare Goemon: Uchuu Kaizoku Akogingu which feels more like a worth successor of the Goemon Super Famicom games on Playstation.
It's gorgeous looking and plays a lot like previous Goemon games.

ganbare-goemon-uchuu-kaizoku-akogingu-de-playstation-traducido-al-ingles-english.png