• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 21, 2018
Only Saga :) 1 & 2 are fun but not even close...
Panzer%20Dragoon%20Saga%20%28E%29%20CD%201-2%20Front%2BBack.jpg
Dude :) , Zwei is not "fun" it's mysterious, intense, epic.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Graphics lol? I would be happy with simple 4:3 ports lol

I would actually be disappointed if the originals weren't included. There's about a 4 in 5 chance of them making the art worse so having the originals would be a consolation.

Only Saga :) 1 & 2 are fun but not even close...
Panzer%20Dragoon%20Saga%20%28E%29%20CD%201-2%20Front%2BBack.jpg

Waaaa- PDS is a masterpiece but absolutely so are PD1 and Zwei. You folks are disrespecting the masterworks of andromeda by stacking them against each other.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
really awesome that panzer dragoon is coming back. i actually never played the first two but the videos i've watched makes them look pretty awesome. i hope this paves the way for saga to come back. saga really deserves to come back.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I just want Saga. Is it really that hard? Other games with lost source code have been reverse engineered (or whatever the correct term is), is that somehow not an option in regards to Panzer Dragoon Saga?

I've heard people talk such good things about it for such a long time that I'd love to be able to play it some day.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Hoooooly shit how did I not see this story earlier. This is incredible news!!

I just want Saga. Is it really that hard? Other games with lost source code have been reverse engineered (or whatever the correct term is), is that somehow not an option in regards to Panzer Dragoon Saga?

I've heard people talk such good things about it for such a long time that I'd love to be able to play it some day.
Sales of Orta on XB1 might have persuaded Sega to do the 1&2 remakes. If those sell well enough, who knows...Sega may just look into it.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I need to see them first. I hate to be negative here, but the first two games are absolute masterpieces that cannot be easily replicated. Altering the gameplay also is sending off alarms for me.

I guess I agree that they need remakes considering the originals run at 20fps and only the second game has widescreen support, but aesthetically those are some of the only early 3D games that I feel hold up incredibly due to their fantastical designs. It will require a special touch for them to feel the same in today's ultra resolutions. And yes, please do not touch the soundtracks at all.

I just assume Sega dont care :x
They absolutely do care. They directly have an initiative for pushing more of their fan favorite games even if they suspect they will do poorly or have to license them out to another publisher.

When a company does not care they block these sort of things if they cannot make money off of them. Look at how Warner Brothers locked away the No One Lives Forever IP for evidence of that.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to make an effort to be cautiously optimistic here because if I get on this hype train I'm only getting off when it derails. Seems too good to be true, something will go wrong.
On the other hand, if these were successful maybe they'd consider remaking Saga.

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
This isn't exactly encouraging...but maybe with the proper framework in place and some oversight from Sega, it'll turn out decent.
Sushee Games the developers of Fear Effect Sedna have only developed 2 titles before tackling on the remake, and it turns out decent (though not so polished as I'd wish) the game was also published by Forever Entertainment. I guess those studios are fairly new yes, but often headed by industry veterans (or at least people with some background)

Flagship

Nov 6, 2017
FYI folks Panzer Dragoon Orta is 50% this week on XBL for $4.99/£4.49 (playable on Xbox One and 360) highly recommended esp. if you never played this game/series before (I was one of them before this game got backcompat last April) love this game and it looks gorgeous on my base XB1, I can't imagine what it looks like on the 4k!

Oct 31, 2017
The thread title needs to be updated: Forever Ent. is the publisher of Fear Effect Reinvented, not the developer which is named Sushee.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Okay, so this is promising, but I'm taking a wait and see attitude until there's actually something to show for these.

M-PG71C

Oct 29, 2017
FYI folks Panzer Dragoon Orta is 50% this week on XBL for $4.99/£4.49 (playable on Xbox One and 360) highly recommended esp. if you never played this game/series before (I was one of them before this game got backcompat last April) love this game and it looks gorgeous on my base XB1, I can't imagine what it looks like on the 4k!

That is one of the main reasons I bought an Xbox One X this Christmas. Bought today lol

I'll be in day one to buy the remakes too, in hopes they will remake Saga next!

Star Parodier

Oct 28, 2017
Madison, WI
I would actually be disappointed if the originals weren't included. There's about a 4 in 5 chance of them making the art worse so having the originals would be a consolation.

Waaaa- PDS is a masterpiece but absolutely so are PD1 and Zwei. You folks are disrespecting the masterworks of andromeda by stacking them against each other.

Speaking personally, I'm not a huge fan of rail shooters. The atmosphere, music, and mythology of the first two games is wonderful, but the gameplay was never all that interesting to me. The first two games are really well made, but Saga was something special. I've owned pretty much every home console ever (and a high end gaming PC) and just about every decent RPG for those platforms, and Saga is unique among all of them. I love PD1 and Zwei, but mostly because they set the stage for one of the weirdest and most wonderful RPGs ever. I'll probably buy the remakes in the hopes that it encourages a remake of Saga as well.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, several artists worked on them.

Personally, i would choose Kutsuzawa over Moebius (his cover is still great):
91a0ed23a71cd97fd4ee60e8da53e828dd4ddee8.jpg

a937be2830a91e6043506af5865d6754293412a1.jpg

G_Shumi
5 box for Orta, that's a god damn crime !
I just bought Orta and playing it for the first time on the X and it's beautiful. Even the CG intro holds up. If they can remake 1 and 2 with higher resolution textures that remain faithful to the original artstyle and keep the gameplay systems/mechanics and music intact then they should be fine and hopefully we can get a Saga remake.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking personally, I'm not a huge fan of rail shooters. The atmosphere, music, and mythology of the first two games is wonderful, but the gameplay was never all that interesting to me. The first two games are really well made, but Saga was something special. I've owned pretty much every home console ever (and a high end gaming PC) and just about every decent RPG for those platforms, and Saga is unique among all of them. I love PD1 and Zwei, but mostly because they set the stage for one of the weirdest and most wonderful RPGs ever. I'll probably buy the remakes in the hopes that it encourages a remake of Saga as well.

I hear that. As a fan of rail shooters, I would argue they are two greatest rail shooters ever made, all things considered. But you're right - there is absolutely nothing like Saga and it's starting to look like there never will be.

May 21, 2018
This goes one or two ways

1. They're OK and we end up pleasantly surprised.

2. They're bad and they essentially dug up a corpse just to bury it deeper.

Even if number 2 ends up becoming a reality, it will take quite a bit of time for today's generation to actually accept it (or even realize it).

People are just too fixated on resolution, fps, etc nowadays -- it has gotten to the point that too many of the masses can't appreciate a solid video game experience unless they're told some "arbitrary technical" numbers about whatever it is that they claim to be interested in. Games are often overrated (as well as underrated) because of this.

Last edited:

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I've seriously considered buying a 1x just to play Orta and some 360 games via BC, so I'll be here day zero.

I love Saga as much as the next person, but it's weird to me to see the first two titles disrespected. They're fantastic.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I don't think these remakes are ever going to come out. It just rings of enthusiastic developers wanting to revive a cult series.

Deleted member 49166

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
So what's the status now?
On Nintendo's webpage they still have the autumn 2019 release date?
However, I haven't seen a specific release day.