• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How in the world am I not able to play the Crash Bandicoot trilogy on PS Vita?

What is the explanation for this GAF? These are some of the most iconic games in PS history, and yet I can't download them on PSN, to play on the go. I expected better from Sony. Has Sony/Activision/Naughty Dog/anyone explained why this is? Will they ever come? Crash 3 Warped on that OLED screen would be heavenly.

eurogaf says hello

20120215_233744.jpg

Redhood

I for one think some shit went down real bad between SCEA and Activision related to All Stars battle Royale and hence the games are never coming unless SCEA pays a hefty fee which they will not cause lol SCEA, The games are available in Japan and EU.

libregkd

Seriously!? You guys have the whole trilogy? What gives!
IIRC even Japan has the whole trilogy available. The only region that doesn't have it is North America for whatever strange reason.

SCEA probably hasn't bothered to get licensing for both the Crash series and Spyro series to be playable on the Vita

Akira83

Banned
What is the explanation for this GAF? These are some of the most iconic games in PS history, and yet I can't download them on PSN, to play on the go. I expected better from Sony. Has Sony/Activision/Naughty Dog/anyone explained why this is? Will they ever come? Crash 3 Warped on that OLED screen would be heavenly.

Because they don't care

Its sad, but the same reason there are almost 0 proper retail vita releases on the horizon

TheTux

Well here in Europe the only version of the Spyro trilogy available on the PSN store is the US version. I'd love to download the European Spyro trilogy :(

I thought you could download the games on the PS3, then plug in the vita and port them over??? I was planning on putting Crash Team Racing on my Vita soon :(

Lijik

These and the Spyro games were the most glaring omissions when I went through the store the first time I got my vita. It was also pretty baffling how Enter the Gecko was only recently added to PSN when Gex 1 and 3 have been on it for a while

Castcoder

Banned
I'm thinking Crash is going to be rebranded like Spyro. Spyro won't be reissued because Activision may fear that it will interfere with the Skylanders brand negatively.

plc268

The bigger crime is that we can't download Portable OPs in the US..

When I got my vita, I found out quick that all the PSP/PS1 games I wanted to play couldn't transfer to the vita. For me, this was Crash, CTR, Spyro, MGS1, and Portable Ops. Portable Ops would be finally playable after remapping controls.

Also, you can transfer MGS1 to the vita, but you have to do it from a PS3. You can't download it directly to the vita, for whatever reason.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Sometimes a quick work around is to download them on PS3, then transfer them onto PS Vita. That's how games like WTF can be on Vita, despite not being in the Vita store.

Not sure if it works with Crash though.

plc268

Sometimes a quick work around is to download them on PS3, then transfer them onto PS Vita. That's how games like WTF can be on Vita, despite not being in the Vita store.

No, it won't work for crash and spyro.

btkadams

it unfortunately doesn't work for the crash or spyro games :'(

When I got my vita, I found out quick that all the PSP/PS1 games I wanted to play couldn't transfer to the vita. For me, this was Crash, CTR, Spyro, MGS1, and Portable Ops. Portable Ops would be finally playable after remapping controls.

Also, you can transfer MGS1 to the vita, but you have to do it from a PS3. You can't download it directly to the vita, for whatever reason.

Same damn thing happened to me, those were exactly the games I wanted to play along with Chrono Trigger and FF8(thank god those 2 work)

And as far as I know, MGS1 has audio issues since the latest Vita update :(

ZenTzen

so what, EU also doesnt have alot of games, like Breath of Fire IV, Legend of Dragoon, its just not the US thats lacking games

Takao

Banned
SCEA stopped trying to bring the back catalog of PSP/PSone games to the Vita storefront a while ago, that's why things like MGS are still missing. It's a shame, because there's plenty of notable games.

Crash and Spyro simply don't work on Vitas with a North American account attached. According to famousmortimer, Activision doesn't want them there.

Top Bottom