SholaIB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Wli Agumatsa Waterfalls !!!

The atmosphere is so serene and calm !!! In the ears of my mind,I can still hear the sound of the flowing streams and of the waterfalls itself, it's very soothing on the mind and has a calming effect on the nerves. If only you could see the the butterflies I saw flying around so happily and the green scenery, one can't help but love the place!!! Oh!!! the singing of the birds, that's a different thing entirely.

Caption: Wli waterfalls at a distance featuring the clear sky. shot by LG @shola4sureCaption: Wli waterfalls at a distance featuring the clear sky. shot by LG @SholaIB

Caption; Wli waterfalls at a closer range. shot by LG @shola4sureCaption; Wli waterfalls at a closer range. shot by LG @SholaIB

Alongside my official duties and travels this past week I decided to have a little fun and that brought me to Wli Agumatsa Waterfalls . It's a place worth having on your bucket list if it's not already on it. If you love nature in it's raw estate here you are. The greeness of the place is unspeakable and the freshness of the air is out of this world. This place is found in Hohoe Municipality  in the west of Volta Region  in Ghana. It's located about 20km from the centre of Hohoe town and about 280km from Accra the capital city where I travelled from. It's an ancient waterfall that was first discovered in the 1700s by local hunters and was used for ancestral worships until 1800s when it became a tourist attraction.

At 80 meters high,it's the highest waterfall in Ghana and the tallest in West Africa. It has the upper pool and the lower pool. Note that I only made it to the lower pool. The upper pool hike is reserved for another day maybe 

Caption: A view of the tourist reception office,the clear sky and hills in the background. shot by LG @shola4sureCaption: A view of the tourist reception office,the clear sky and hills in the background. shot by LG @SholaIB

The tourist reception office is open 24hrs a day and all week according to the tour guide. We paid a token fee of 15 cedis(less than $5). From the main office it's 4km pleasure walk to get to the waterfalls. According to the tour guide we crossed 9 streams(local.bridges) before we arrived at the magnificent and cheering view of the waters. It has provision for camping and hiking but I didn't explore those,seeing I was just there for the day.  I'll plan to get another visit DV seeing I love the place.

Caption: Stream No 1 featuring a cross-section of locals doing their laundry. shot by LG @shola4sureCaption: Stream No 1 featuring a cross-section of locals doing their laundry. shot by LG @SholaIB

Caption: A view of the rushing flow of stream No 5  on the walk to the waterfalls. Shot by LG @shola4sureCaption: A view of the rushing flow of stream No 5 on the walk to the waterfalls. Shot by LG @SholaIB

For the coffee lovers there is coffee and cocoa growing in here. I didn't try it but I believe it's nice as a result of this place

Caption: A cross-section of coffee, cocoa and the  thaumatococcus daniellii leaf growing on the walkway to the waterfalls. Shot by LG @shola4sureCaption: A cross-section of coffee, cocoa and the thaumatococcus daniellii leaf growing on the walkway to the waterfalls. Shot by LG @SholaIB

I was not too happy leaving this place because I love nature. Oh yes and before I forget, the water was so cool !!!

One last thing about this place is the quietness. @HiroyukiTakisawa  please can I send in a second contribution to the #monthlytopic of October 2020. This place definitely qualifies for it. Please feel free to accept it and use it in anyway. Thanks.

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Accra, Ghana
36 comments
Level 10

Re: Wli Agumatsa Waterfalls !!!

Wow, what a really interesting place. I am also a nature lover like you. Last week, I invited 25 Local Guides to explore waterfalls in Indonesia. And it must be a very memorable experience. Thank you for sharing the story

Connect Moderator

Thank you for joining #monthlytopic, @SholaIB .

Awesome waterfalls! I can easy to imagine that is a really comfortable place. And this place perfectly qualifies. Thank you very much!

Level 9

Wow @SholaIB 

This place is truly amazing and natural. Organize a physical meetup here, like picnics, board games meetup, Hiking etc. I will love to stay on this place for so long over the shade tree.😃

Did you have a soak?. The water is so clean. Thank you for sharing this amazing place with beautiful pictures with us here on connect. 

Best regards. 

Level 10

@SholaIB Wonderful landscapes. Too wonderful to make us envy you so much 😏

Connect Moderator

Hahaha @OlgaKlimchik 

Please don't mind me. Perhaps you should try a trip to the place and a trail will convince you. Thanks for your nice remarks and for lookin up the post.

Cheers 

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Hello @Austinelewex 

Yes I did have a soak thanks🙂. It will be a great place for a geohike or walk or meetup but for now,stay safe. We'll see what the future holds. Thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks for your nice remarks and have  good week.

Cheers 

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

You are welcome @HiroyukiTakisawa . I tagged you on the first Quiet place  I wrote but maybe you missed it. Am glad you like this one. We appreciate your effort to the organize this monthlytopic.

Cheers

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Hello @br14n 

Thanks for giving a good comment. Yes it's a remarkable experience. Plan to explore more waterfalls and natural places like that. I saw your post on the waterfall in Indonesia. Sure you all enjoyed it.

Cheers

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 8