Albins ST6R sequential transaxle available

Brand new in the crate...
current lead time is 12 months or more from Albins.
Change of direction frees this unit up for sale
2023 price is $34k this one can be had for 30K including USA shipping
Superbly built, very strong transaxle

ST6 SEQUENTIAL 6-SPEED TRANSAXLE, MID-ENGINE

FEATURES: NARROW DROP GEARS AT REAR OF TRANS LIGHT WEIGHT RACING SPOOL (OPTIONAL LSD UPGRADE)
CV JOINTS (930 DRIVE FLANGES)
DOES NOT INCLUDE BELL HOUSING
ST6-LSD-OPT PLATE TYPE LIMITED SLIP DIFF OPTION FOR ST6 TRANSAXLE
8-ST6 SHIFTER FOR ST6 SEQUENTIAL TRANS, STANDARD HEIGHT BASE

-ST6-KNOB1 SEQUENTIAL SHIFT KNOB WITH INTEGRAL LOAD CELL/STRAIN GAUGE TO TRIGGER IGNITION CUT. SENDS ANALOG SIGNAL TO ECU ONLY (MOTEC AND LIFE RACING COMPATIBLE).

930 DRIVE FLANGES

Please contact RCR/Superlitecars directly or leave a PM message here.
I am out of the office this afternoon until mid next week
Thanks

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
The Albins ST6-M is a really nice transaxle that works well in a SL-C. It has been used on multiple endurance SL-Cs and I have one in my car. With respect to fitting it in a SL-C:

(1) It's compact and lightweight... diminutive compared to the Ricardo that it replaced.

(2) The CV angle is much lower than any other transaxle I've seen in a SL-C. While 930 CVs will handle a pretty large angle, The DriveShaft Shop states that 90% of CV failures in road racing applications occur due to excessive heat. The higher the CV angle the higher the heat which is why some SL-C owners are constantly replacing their CV boots. The CV low angle is achieved because the output flange is closely aligned with the hubs both top-to-bottom and left-to-right. In addition, the transaxle is skinny which results in longer half axles which mitigates the already small angle.

(3) The billet bulkhead plate enables you to treat the transaxle as a stressed member which will stiffen the rear billet uprights and the rear of the car. As can be seen below, four indexable links tie everything together and the box with the two holes on top of the transaxle connect the bulkhead plate to the to the rear suspension brace.
1678726764231.png

(4) There's lots of room under the transaxle. This provides you with at least two options: (1) If you have a dry sump, you can drop the drive train an inch or two -- the engine will bind before the transaxle or (2) you can keep the standard engine height and fit a 3.5" OD X-pipe under the transaxle as shown below.
1678726856358.png

(5) Albins offers a billet bellhousing for LS engines which makes things easy. Here's a picture of my setup. This makes it clear how much room there is under the transaxle. I have dry sump and if were to lower the engine I'd machine the bottom of the bellhousing.

1678726255368.png

It has a roller barrel selector mechanism which is pretty much the gold standard for gear change mechanisms in motorsports. The following video does a great job demonstrating how it works on EX-Jordan F1 gearbox. The gear change section starts at 5:15.

Attachments

• 1678726600974.png
    1678726600974.png
    2 MB · Views: 82

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
Brian,

I'm traveling and can't measure and even I were it's a little tricky to be precise when installed. Looking at some old notes, I have the total length as 32.4", but don't hold me to that. I have a street and I needed to cut a notch in the "bumper" below the license plate to clear the part of the billet plate. It was only a couple of inches wide and perhaps the same height and the protrusion was slight.

how are the gears holding up? what type of mileage are you at? I am really considering this for mine but I tend to drive my cars a lot.

Back