Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POL 9001 (1) plz help

hi this is my 1st time here.
    when 25/7/2006 verupdate i had both JPN and EU ver insatll in my PC it work ok
    but when ver was update the EU get this Error 9001 (-1) installation path is worng?
    plz can someone help me out
    Attached Files

Re: POL 9001 (1) plz help

perhaps you can check your registry keys to make sure they are correct
    http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/613157-post5.html

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Registry is not the issue (I already checked). There's something SE slipped in on the update that affects something. I'm going to try force of a total update before a reinstalling the JP client.
      Attached Files

Comment

yes i alos checked my Registry same no issue problem i re-installin meny time and ver update and still get same Error.

Comment

I also got same problem with u guys since 24/7/06. I tried to install/uninstall many times even I tried to uninstall only on TOAU but it still error. It happend on my NA version not JP. JP version can run as normal.

I have one solution and it seems like help to fix this problem. The main problem I think cause of config file for new patch and path in registry are not match and it can make invalid path or something. The solution, possible to fix this problem is Multiple OS and install FFXI 2 version into seperate Drive. Firstly, should copy JP and NA version into backup hard drive and install Window into 2 Drives (if you ddidnt seperate hard drive more than 1 drive you have to fdisk). So now I have divide 4 drives C D E F so I will try to set up Window (2000) on C: is English and D: is JP (can change them by regianal setting and also set up JP keyboard IME and etc) and install FFXI NA on C: , FFXI JP on D: and vopy patches from back up harddrive and recheck FFXI files....that's all. Finally, I hope it should help us to solve this problem and for future problems.

Comment

Might not have to do something that severe. It might just be a simple registry renaming of keys to match the entries in whatever they slipped in. Either that or POL is scanning our registry for multiple key entries which looks like duplicates. But then, wouldn't that be extending beyond their jurisdiction and be illegal?

Comment

This is the same problem I have with my JP version (which I posted here), which I have always been careful to update first. I noticed that when I played it after updating this last time, and before updating my NA version, searches failed and every other PC came up without a name and as the same basic hume model. NA version plays fine after updating. I ran File Checks on both versions and no problem was detected in either sets of all 23,444 files. I, too, suspect there's something which messed things up in the latest update.

Comment

I did a bit of thinking last night and I remember someone saying that there was no difference between FFXI files between JP and NA (Only that the associated files were being called up for language purposes)

However, I believe that ToAU introduced changes. I believe ONRY EN files were placed into the NA Discs, JP files were placed in JP Discs and ditto for EU.

Either someone is going to have to verify this by obtaining one of the other 3 discs that they do not own (e.g., obtaining a copy of the JP or EU if you have an NA) to make this comparison or we're not going to be able to verify this one way or the other.

Comment

I have all the original discs, but I'm not sure the problem lies therein because I didn't have it happen until after the update this week, long after I installed both versions. If there is something that prevents the two from co-existing, the solution might be as neocrisis suggests, putting them on different partitions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaewon
                    I have all the original discs, but I'm not sure the problem lies therein because I didn't have it happen until after the update this week, long after I installed both versions. If there is something that prevents the two from co-existing, the solution might be as neocrisis suggests, putting them on different partitions.
                    It will work, but at what costs? Not everyone can afford to overhaul their director structures and existing physical partitions for the sake of getting a POL client to run. IMHO, that is extreme and falls under the category of "just not worth it." I've already invested money and time, why should I have to kowtow to SE's problems?

We should be allowed to run instances of these clients however we see fit after purchasing them. To me, it's a slap in the face and makes me wonder what motivated SE to do this in the first place (If anyone should be targeted, it should be those running IME through Windower, not people who use the actual JP client itself to play the game)

Double Post Edited:
                    Poked around in the registry when I spied this:

[CODE]Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SQUARE CO.,LTD.]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SQUARE CO.,LTD.\PlayOnline Viewer and Tetra Master]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SQUARE CO.,LTD.\PlayOnline Viewer and Tetra Master\1.08.00b][/CODE]

Maybe I'm just imaging things but, I could've sworn there was no previous entry of this key before.

Also found this, just today, which is different from the JP client registry entry:

[CODE]Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\SystemInfo]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\SystemInfo\QCheck][/CODE]
                    Last edited by Aeni; 07-27-2006, 02:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Well, S/E isn't known for prioritizing the right problems so it doesn't come as any surprise that they'd disable multiple clients (while, say, allowing botters to continue ruining the game), even when they're purchased legitimately. Reformatting, repartitioning and even reinstalling the whole shebang is by no means an appetizing solution, but unless we find the culprit, it may be the only one. /cheer Aeni

Comment

ok so now i can solve this issue.

Step 1:
                        2 Patition for multiple OS with duration time:
                        C: Window 2000 SP (En) 35Gigs (I will install other programs for my work also)
                        D: Window XP 2006 V5 (Jp) 20 Gigs (Only Window and FFXI JP)
                        usage time for set up 2 window approximately less than 2 hours

Step 2:
                        Install FFXI NA on C: Drive and copy all back up and include recheck by POL 2.5 hours
                        Install FFXI JP on D: Drive and copy all back up and include recheck by POL 2.5-3 hours

Totally usage times about 6-8 hours (I dont care cause I did it at night woke up to check and slept)

As a result Great !! all work..

Comparing with this issue and future problems...
                        Since 24/07 until 26/07 what do you think how many spending times to uninstall-reinstall and how long?? and this issue will be happend in future too. So i choose only once spending time ONRY 6-8 hours (maybe 10 hours) and some HD space for solve this problem...

when you want to play or change version u just restart your PC and change OS system on multiple boot menu and then window starting up > click on POL > goto FFXI i think less than 5-7 mins...

So it worth for me /cheer
                        Last edited by neocrisis; 07-27-2006, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neocrisis
                          when you want to play or change version u just restart your PC and change OS system on multiple boot menu and then window starting up > click on POL > goto FFXI i think less than 5-7 mins...

So it worth for me /cheer
                          For me this is a hassle. I have Apache and MySQL running in the background for development purposes. I have Rails configured with Ruby IDE as well as PHP and other background applications. All told, I have several projects.

The appeal of running multiple clients on one partition was to avoid the hassles of having to have multiple setups. To me, this is far from being worth it, unless all you do is play FFXI all day.

That's where I have a problem with.

Comment

i also have Apache, IIS, MySQL, MSDE, Dotnet Framework , Visual Studio 2003/2005, (J++)Joomla (Php) and many Developer tools also ...just install them back and i will do cause they are my work

/cheer Aeni

Comment

Originally posted by neocrisis
                              i also have Apache, IIS, MySQL, MSDE, Dotnet Framework , Visual Studio 2003/2005, (J++)Joomla (Php) and many Developer tools also ...just install them back and i will do cause they are my work

/cheer Aeni
                              I'll see what I can do. What I might end up doing is trying to resolve scheduling issues so that I force myself into limiting my playtime by having a dual boot arrangment. This would really suck, but at the same time, SE's doing me a favor by making me do other things besides play FFXI >.> Not that I don't already limit my playtime either ; ;

Comment

Working...
                              X