Eibach pro spring kit??

Mark 3.0 TDI

Reaction score
So I want to lower my S-line 25 mm or so and I'm on a major budget! My current shocks are in decent serviceable order and I do like to fact that the Eibach pro springs look OEM in black. My question is what do you guys think to springs only lowering? All thoughts are welcome good and bad! I've found a set (brand new) on line for 132 delivered which is incredibly cheep!

You wont get 25mm drop using these springs, as the drop quoted is from standard height (SE models) which are around 15mm higher than S Line so you will likely see only a 10mm drop with the pro's. I've just changed my s line springs and shocks to Bilstien B8 shocks with Eibach pro springs and the drop is marginal tbh. I would advise going for the Eibach Sportlines to bring the front down a bit more or get some B5 perches with the pro springs.

As for just springs for lowering... I don't have personal experience of this but if you do some research on here everyone that has just swapped out springs says its a good improvement from standard s line stuff.

As mentioned the EIbach Pro springs will only give the S-line around a further 15mm drop on top of what you already have.

How many miles have your current dampers covered?

Damian @ DPM Performance

To be honest I'm only after a very subtle drop, my driveway is too steep for any major lowering on an already low car to be honest. I did read about some spring cup modification to give a little extra lowering, can you guys school me on this? ill do a search though. My shocks have seen 120k and I'm sure they are not as good as they once were but the do genuinely still seem decent and I'm on a real budget at the moment.

The perches are the bits that fit over the front shock where the bottom of the spring located on. The b5 perch seating face is lower down the shock than b6/b7's, hence the extra drop

I've just literally fitted a set of pro-kit springs to my S-line this weekend due to failing the Mot due to broken rear springs.

Well I say 'set' but only 1 front and 2 rears been done so far due to damn pinch bolt on the track rod end siezed so took ages to do!!

As the others have said the drop is subtle and about 10-15mm over the standard S-line. I think it looks much better on the standard 18" fat fives but definitely more oem look than a stanced look.

In terms of ride though it has definitely improved there. Hated the ride before, really crashey. Now it's still firm but the harsh bumps are absorbed by the springs rather than go through the car. Also not had any problems with speed humps or scrapping so far.

If you do a search on Google there are pictures showing the kit and the perch mod. I think it just drops the front a bit more to level it out as with oem it can look a little high at the front even when lowered.

Cost wise I paid £120 for the kit from Germany (eBay). Fitting can be expensive though due to being awkward (front pinch bolts / rears lack of space). It took about 2.5 hours to do the backs and then another 2.5 hours to do one of the fronts. This was on the floor on axel stands.

Hope this helps.

Definately get 4 oe replacement dampers if the originals have done 120 k when fitting the Eibachs .

Well I'm no closer to a decision really, I'm thinking i might save some extra cash and bilstein B12 kit it now as these will lower the s-line 25-30mm minimum and i certainly don't want fussy adjustable suspension in any shape or form as this isn't an interest to me.

Eibach don't do sportlines for the 3.0 (this is confirmed) and a 10-15mm drop on the pro kit isn't worth spending 400 odd sheets on once you add new OE shocks IMHO. Are Bilstein B4 shocks an upgrade to OE red s line shocks?

Fitting the kit is no problem to me as its what i do daily anyway (mechanic). Experience in different kits you guys have tried/seen fitted is what is what i don't have though. Thanks to everyone for the help I've been given.

the b12 pro kit is what I have which is just eibach pro springs with bilstein b8 shocks in a fancy box. Maybe the drop is greater for 3.0tdi but I doubt it. Try contacting a guy called arron at bilstein, he's been very helpful for me plus he also had a b7 avant a while back. Also he did say they can modify the b8 shocks to bring the front end down for additional cost. For information I originally thought this set up was too hard but have since changed my mind

Bilstein B4 is oe and has been used with many different Eibach Pro Kits .

Last edited:
Bilstein quote the B12 kit lowers 45-50mm though? for an SE i assume so an s line should lower 30mm minimum no?

Must be different on a 3.0 then. Like I say I would ring both eibach and bilstein to get their opinions 1st hand. My experience tells me the guys at bilstein are a little more realistic

If you're anywhere near Birmingham I will be going to the meet at Solihull Audi this Sunday so I could take you for a drive so you can see what they're like 1st hand. Although mine is as I said only the 2.0tdi

Reactions: Mark 3.0 TDI
I stand corrected the B12 kit sportline is 45-50mm, which as i said previously they don't offer for my 3.0. still no close to a decision then! lol.

That would be cool if i wasn't away for the weekend. I'm in Nottingham so not that far i suppose. thanks for the offer matey.

I think Damian at DPM ^^^ would be best to advise you on your options for the 3.0tdi. He commented on this thread further up.

Other than that as I said the bilstein shocks modified at the front would be my best advice for you. Think I'm going to have mine done to drop the front down. The back is just right, top of tyre is in line/level with wheel arch which is what I wanted. Give them a call at bilstein to see what they say.

I am in the same boat to be honest, just really want to drop the front a bit more so looking at springs only, if i dont factor in the perches what are the prefered springs for the front to get s-line lower down in line with rears.
rob

I am in the same boat to be honest, just really want to drop the front a bit more so looking at springs only, if i dont factor in the perches what are the prefered springs for the front to get s-line lower down in line with rears.
rob
Bilstein told me they could arrange to supply pro's on rear and sportlines up front. They say they're exactly the same Spring rate so it's perfectly fine to mix them up, that way it the front drop should be about 20mm more than rear drop.

I wish I'd spoke to them before I dived in to buy mine :cry:

ok steve, thanks for that, may order up a set and fit them over the weekend, that way i can spray all the relavant bolts with penatrating fluid and it can soak in for 3/4 days, just in case some are a tad stubborn, otherwise i'll break out the oxy torch....

rob

SDHA4SLine can you upload any ride hight photos before/after? might help me decide! lol.

SDHA4SLine can you upload any ride hight photos before/after? might help me decide! lol.

Some on my thread here...

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/its-all-your-fault-audi-sport.232718/page-5

Post 182 before and post 190 after pictures. As you will see I was underwhelmed by the drop after the 1st few weeks but it is slowly dropping and softening up too.

Post 234 shows pictures of how the height dropped just sitting on my drive (I was ill for weeks and wasn't able to drive)

ok steve, thanks for that, may order up a set and fit them over the weekend, that way i can spray all the relavant bolts with penatrating fluid and it can soak in for 3/4 days, just in case some are a tad stubborn, otherwise i'll break out the oxy torch....

rob
I think you'll need to contact the guys at bilstein direct to order the mix of two springs. As above ask for a guy called arron at bilstein I'm sure he can get hold of eibach springs for you as he was the one that said I can mix them front to rear.

Yes, but I will have to wait until I can afford the 19" wheels to say I'm fully happy with it. I would still suggest finding someone near you with the set up you want to see if you can try before you buy.

Although in my case it's the shocks that are making the difference in ride comfort

despite the fact i'm happy with the s-line suspenders as i'm going to be changing the front springs i might aswell change the rear springs and dampers allround, as the current setup has done 43k well except one new rear spring they are probably getting a bit tired now anyway so probably best to do it all in one go.
I have a very extensive tool kit now after many years tinkering etc , so then , after seeing a very good " how to " vid on the subject i'm just going to go at it and get it sorted this weekend(parts permitting).
based on the fact that most of the linkages on the front suspension and rear have allready been worked on within the last 12months by audi i cant see any issues arising from siezed or dodgy bolts and fittings etc, i had a good snoop when i did the brake pads and it all looked to be nice and fresh in those areas with new bolts etc.

if all goes well i may even splash out on a another set of 19" rims albeit the same RS style ones i have now as the tyres are starting to get low now, not at wear limit yet but makes sense to change the tyres to 19" when the 18" are pretty well worn out.

so bring on the goodies.

Reactions: SDHA4SLine
it appears that if you have a quattro flavour B7 you cant get the same level of height reduction from these kits, FWD seem to go lower on the fronts i have been looking at a fair few lowering spring kits but as soon as you mention quattro and s-line in the same sentence your choices appear to fly out the window , i supose there is a reason for it, would be nice to know what it is though

it appears that if you have a quattro flavour B7 you cant get the same level of height reduction from these kits, FWD seem to go lower on the fronts i have been looking at a fair few lowering spring kits but as soon as you mention quattro and s-line in the same sentence your choices appear to fly out the window , i supose there is a reason for it, would be nice to know what it is though
What about h&r stuff? Maybe they would be better?

As mentioned the EIbach Pro springs will only give the S-line around a further 15mm drop on top of what you already have.

How many miles have your current dampers covered?

Damian @ DPM Performance
Maybe you could advise Damian?

Hi Damian, Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on the forum in a while. I am still undecided on what suspension setup to go for but I was looking for around a 20-30mm drop if possible. What setups could you suggest that would suit?

So I quite like the look of these https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/ca...n-20tdi-quattro-30tdi-quattro-32-quattro-0105 . They should give the legit 20-30mm drop I'm looking for on my S-line model, Do we agree?

Whats peoples opinion on Koni? I had the opinion they are pretty decent? H&R I know are respectable. I can't afford any more than this really but I have decided I want to replace the shocks as advised anyway, coilovers are to "fussy" in there design for my taste and I don't want cheep suspension so they are off the list because of so.

Help appreciated.

I've just fitted h&r spring a to my s line Quattro and this is how it's sitting now.

To be honest I was kind of hoping for that response, I do like bilstein products, only wish I could afford the B6 shocks. But I'm stretched at this setup. Im pretty much sold I think.

Hi, looks about what I was after also which H&R springs are they?