I R&R Every 'SpongeBob SquarePants' Episode

Ha! What timezone are you?? It's barely 11 AM over here! I will watch all of these episodes soon and give my thoughts. Next time maybe give it 12 hours at least between reviews hehe xD

1c487401-8085-41a8-830c-0d491c007da3_screenshot.jpg
Naughty Nautical Neighbors
I also want to note that all of these episodes are episodes that I have core memories of but haven't seen probably since I was 10 years old, so it is really refreshing and nostalgic going back to these episodes!

This episode is awesome. Spongebob and Patrick whispering to each other through bubbles is hilarious to start with!
Squidward blowing his sad bubbles from a fork is also a highlight hahaha
The whole dynamic in their back yards at the start of the episode is incredible.
1680290564869.png
1680290641850.png
It also genius that they had Patrick accidentally close himself on his rock, which is why he was able to see Squidward chocking in the first place :lol:
1680290738450.png
I just can't believe how many screenshot worthy moments are packed into each episode, it's absolutely incredible and just boggles my mind each episode haha. Patrick falling asleep the second Squidward starts playing is hilarious as well.
Of course like you mentioned @Meko1432 the Gangs all here moment is iconic as well.
10/10 episode!

FCJj7UTVEAAng4i.jpg
Season 1: Pizza Delivery

Honestly, when I think of Spongebob, Pizza Delivery is one of the first episodes that come to mind. It's charming, creative, and hilarious. Spongebob and Squidward's journey delivering the pizza is amazing. I also love that the beginning of the episode takes place at night and I really overall episodes that take place at night time. The environment is kinda eery.

This episode has really cool shots:
MV5BMjAxNjM4Mjg4OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzgzNDE1NTE@._V1_.jpg

NICKELODEON_SPONGEBOBSQUAREPANTSHD_005_241885_1920x1080.jpg

ALSO: A cool tidbit I found online about this episode is that the house they end up delivering to is believed to be in the background early in the episode when they are spinning out:
90jk2h5v42i71.jpg

The best part of this episode by far is the ending:
"Where is my Diet Dr. Kelp?"
I love how Squidward comforts Spongebob at the end as well!
10/10

ALSO: A cool tidbit I found online about this episode is that the house they end up delivering to is believed to be in the background early in the episode when they are spinning out:
90jk2h5v42i71.jpg
HOLY i've never seen this before, gives me more reasons to love this episode

I just read a bit of the Spongebob wiki and found some interesting bits.

Here is a cool passage about Spongebob's reception and how it appeals to a wide range of ages:

1680291789991.png
For me, I think it is a show I will forever be able to enjoy! I think the passage above really explains well how people of all ages can enjoy the show, from kids to adults!

Also,

I haven't seen any episodes post 2011 probably, is this true?

1680291690575.png

Also,

I haven't seen any episodes post 2011 probably, is this true?

View attachment 3830
season 6-7 focused on the gross out, it was abandoned after those two seasons, the physical humor part probably meant seasons 9-13 i think that's false cause the animation was toned down significantly in season 13 and was only a problem in seasons 11 and 12

season 6-7 focused on the gross out, it was abandoned after those two seasons, the physical humor part probably meant seasons 9-13 i think that's false cause the animation was toned down significantly in season 13 and was only a problem in seasons 11 and 12
POV: when you realize SpongeBob only had two bad seasons

Even if you have just seen this episode once, you will never forget the character of "Bubble Bass" A unique voice that has stuck in my head since I was a child!

I love that the episode starts off with Spongebob effortlessly making patties and I love these two shots. It's a great scene!

1680567042651.png
1680567060212.png
I love how they designed Bubble Bass haha they made him super grotesque and it just really worked!

1680567144245.png

The western staredown vibes in this episode are truly great:
1680567196054.png

Poor Spongebob :(

1680567245358.png

An underrrated part of this episode is the money back guaranteed sign being incredibly small XD

1680567290318.png

I just remember being so shocked after this encounter that Spongebob actually forgot how to make a Krabby Patty! I love that they went this route with the episode though.

1680567360095.png

THEN when you think it couldn't get any funnier, Spongebob forgets where the door is and it literally made me laugh out loud upon re-watch today LOL
1680567423711.png
I also love the humility in Spongebob here, to actually be open to taking a day off is surprising!

I also love the fact that Spongebob has such a difficult time remembering the proper way to sleep... Bubble Bass really destroyed all of his confidence!
1680567508225.png
1680567521198.png
I reached my limit in files here but this episode is truly great. I love the fact that despite everything that went wrong for Spongebob, he made the burger the right the first time and he was able to get all of his confidence back! When Mr. Krabs goes to visit Spongebob's house it is a great detail that the usual music plays backwards because of Spongebob's new found way of living LOL. The scene with Mr Krabs and Spongebob at Spongebob's house was my favorite part for sure. but the staredown with the epic music between Bubble Bass and Spongebob was iconic!

Favorite line in the episode:

"He burn't my shake!"

I want to say that I love the Old Western style of this episode, it just works so well.
Me too! It was so cool.
nice to see more sides to SpongeBob than the cheery happy sponge (although I love that side too). And I love when Mr. Krabs is a good boss to SpongeBob.
For real! This stood out to me as well.
"Pickles" is full of iconic moments from beginning to end
It really was!

maxresdefault.jpg
Season 1: Jellyfish jam

"Jellyfish Jam" is another episode that's extremely nostalgic for me for seemingly no reason. I believe this time it's because the song featured in the middle of the episode, Stadium Rave, was on the SpongeBob's Greatest Hits album, which I had downloaded when I was a kid.

I was about to say that this is another universally loved episode, but I decided to take a peek at some of the other reviews from people, and nope, I was wrong! Honestly, I'm a little shocked. But maybe that's just bias speaking, because I really enjoy this episode. I think the episode starts hilariously with all the gimmicks of the jellyfish following SpongeBob home. And then of course, we have the iconic rave/dance party scene. And honestly, I'm with Squidward on this one. If my neighbors blasted rave music for 12 hours...let's just say I would be more than unhappy. The next part of this episode is where I can see that it may drag for some people, but for me the episode is good and engaging all the way through. The short-lived Squidward and jellyfish feud is just hilarious to me, as is the jellyfish dunking on SpongeBob. Also, I just love the ending of this episode because it's so random. I mean, Gary clicking his eyes and SpongeBob making a whole song out of it? Why not!

I really don't have all that much to say about this episode. It's fun, it's funny, and it's engaging. It features my favorite little snail Gary, which is always a win in my books. And it even has a lesson—don't bring wild animals home as pets. (Also, has anyone here seen Nope? This episode reminds me of that movie now haha)

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9.2/10

maxresdefault.jpg
Season 1: Squeaky boots
"Squeaky Boots" is a funny episode, but unfortunately those squeaks do get annoying very quickly, like they do for Mr. Krabs and Squidward. Other than that though, the episode is great! Hard to believe this is the first appearance of Pearl, but yep, it is! And we get to see just how far Mr. Krabs' penny-pinching methods go, so this episode is good for establishing characterization, as is the common story for season 1 episodes. Seeing SpongeBob with his boots is absolutely adorable, which does save part of the annoyingness.

I also really adore the atmosphere of this episode. Being a partial retelling of the Tell-Tale Heart at the end, it's got some ~spooky~ vibes to match with the scene of Mr. Krabs and the window. And then of course we have the absolute craziness of the ending, which I always find myself laughing at.

All and all, this really is a great episode, but the squeaking is simply too annoying, which forces me to bump it down to my "Good" tier.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score: 7.5/10

It wasn't until this thread that I got the "This...is my lab, and this.....is my laboratory" joke. Literally got it after all these years.

The scene where Krabs' every sense is being replaced by the imagery and sounds of those annoying squeaking boots is pure nightmare fuel.

I also love the numerous off-model expressions he has in that same scene, because it really sells you on the levels of absolute batshit insanity those boots are driving him to.

I also love the numerous off-model expressions he has in that same scene, because it really sells you on the levels of absolute batshit insanity those boots are driving him to.
this is how the over the top expressions should be handled, not how they use them in seasons 10-12

I remember turning on a random S12 episode where someone like, breathed near SpongeBob and he proceeded to make like 15 different WACKY facial expressions and that was the entire joke. Like wtf is this Ren and Stimpy level bullshit.

post-sequel spongebob doesnt even have jokes anymore, the jokes are the faces, that's it

a long leap from the banter based humor of seasons 1-8

mostly seasons 1-4 tho

this is def my least favorite from the first season, it just felt off and out of character for SpongeBob overall.

i love this one, its funny throughout and the love the "is there any other Squidwards I should be mentioning??" quote.

@Meko1432 I stopped keeping up with it sometime in 2010, but I enjoyed the first four seasons plus the movie. Season 5 through the point when I stopped not so much.

If you were to play some random episode from the first three seasons (excluding Wormy unless you want to see me suffer from massive PTSD), I could probably quote at least half of it because I watched reruns for them all the time.

Back