LaunchBox Community Forums

NEC TurboGrafx-CD CUSTOM 2D Boxfront Set

modjoo

Hey there!

I recently added the NA Set of NEC TurboGrafx-CD to my Launchbox and didn't like the different Styles of all the different Media Types as I like uniformity.. Apart from that, a lot of Cover Art were the worst in terms of Quality..

I think that the normal TurboGrafx 2D Set with its different Color Tops is visually very appealing, so I decided to rework all of the 44 TurboGrafx-CD North American releases to match this look.

Some of them were available in the same style. Some of them were obviously only available in plain CD-Covers (or I couldn't find a suitable Picture). So I reworked all of them to fit the TurboGrafx Cover look.

A lot of these Covers were a ton of work... So tell me, what do you think and if you like it. 

Down below are a few Examples..

Hope you like it ?

Beyond Shadowgate-01.png

Shape Shifter-01.png

Sim Earth_ The Living Planet-01.png

Dungeon Master_ Theron_s Quest-01.png

TGCD_Custom Covers.rar

Edited by modjoo
  • Like 3
  • Game On 1

Thanks for the work, impressive by the quality of the Sim Earth, there was 3 yers ago i can't found any good scan, i have make mine.
So bad you have put on them many logo than not exist for real.
I prefer a realistic design, like the original real cover for my part.

Most of these Logos actually existed on the actual CD Cover Inlays or Covers I found for each Game.. So I added them to the reworked Covers as well.

Sometimes I added a Super CD Rom Logo or a fitting Logo to fill some space or to cover difficult areas.. Content Aware won't always do it's magic u know. 

Thats why is not an official Set but rather a custom Set as described in the Topic. Apart from that, JPN Cover and NA Cover often are different with different Logos etc.

But Thank you, I guess.