LaunchBox Community Forums

Trouble with disc swapping on sega saturn (panzer dragoon saga)

Keev

I think it might be the disk images you have, mine are from the Dark Water release and here are the files.screenshot_15.thumb.jpg.96789114ad5e079a89939cb52032ec46.jpg

Also, here is how my m3u file looks:

Panzer Dragoon Saga (Disc 1 of 4) (USA) (DW0575).cue
Panzer Dragoon Saga (Disc 2 of 4) (USA) (DW0575).cue
Panzer Dragoon Saga (Disc 3 of 4) (USA) (DW0575).cue
Panzer Dragoon Saga (Disc 4 of 4) (USA) (DW0575).cue

Make sure your m3u file only has .cue files and no .bin files in it.

Yeah, mine are from Romhustler. Each bin and cue combination came in its own folder, so I consolidated them into one folder along with the m3u. Dunno if that's affected anything. I made sure when making my m3u the first time around it had only cue files, so.

panzer folder.PNG

panzer m3u.PNG

Try removing the numbers from the start of the file names and of course edit the m3u as well to reflect that change. I'm thinking maybe those numbers are messing with the save file.

Honestly though I am just taking guesses here and I have found there are a lot of bad Saturn disk dumps out there, Dark Water and ReDump are known to be good though.

I've tried that before, no dice. I suppose the best shot is getting new roms off those sites you mentioned. I'm not sure how exactly to get rom dumps off Darkwater or ReDump (Either I'm hilariously ignorant of site layouts or my browser/adblock are screwing things up) but I'll get the hang of it I guess. Thank you though!

Is there a way I can get the Darkwater release like you have? Since yours do seem to be running just fine and all, and I'm not sure how to navigate these other sites. I am a noob after all, with Panzer being my first attempt at emulation and everything.

Yeah it seemed to work fine with the ones I tried except for Enemy Zero specifically, where disc swapping didn't work correctly either in RA or in standalone Mednafen. It was a known issue with the emulator itself for that one. Several others (like Lunacy) worked like anything else though. I mostly have Darkwater stuff although some Redump as well - if it's outside of those two it can be really hit and miss (more often miss, since Mednafen is fairly picky).

• 3 years later...

I've just finished Panzer Dragoon Saga in RetroArch emulator and I could change all disks without any problem. In my case I followed next steps:

1.- I used RetroArch and downloaded from *******

2.- Inside RetroArch you can choose your Core. I used Yabause core.

3.- When you finish each CD, you have to save your progress in the game (It's useless if you save with de RetroArch emulator). The game is going to ask to you come back to main menu of Sega Saturn and insert Next Cd (Of course, you can't do it)

4.- You have to close RetroArch.

5.- Now, you have to go to the folder where you have next CD and RENAME the archives of the next CD with the exactly same name of the before CD:

- We start our game with CD 1 called: Panzer Dragoon Saga (Disc 1 of 4) (USA) (DW0575) [This is the name .BIN and the .CUE]

- When we've finished CD 1. We have to close RetroArch and go to the folder of our CD 2. In this case the name of the .BIN and the .CUE is: Panzer Dragoon Saga (Disc 2 of 4) (USA) (DW0575)

- Now, we have to rename .BIN and the .CUE of the CD 2 with the same name of CD 1. So change: Panzer Dragoon Saga (Disc 2 of 4) (USA) (DW0575) for Panzer Dragoon Saga (Disc 1 of 4) (USA) (DW0575)

6.- Now open RetroArch and opened the .BIN of the CD 2 (As I said, the name now this archive appears like CD 1). The .CUE don't runs.

7.- When the main title of the Panzer Dragoon Saga appears, you have to push Continue. Now it should appears the last savegame of the CD 1 and you can continue your adventure.

With this trick you can finish the game (I did it and worked). This game worth it!

Edited by JoeViking245
Posting links to sites hosting copyrighted material is prohibited.