IGNORED

Apple Bandai Pippin USA Games

I am not sure if anyone can help, but I am looking for some Apple Bandai Pippin USA Games. Most of these have never beeen ripped and are not available in any collections. I would prefer rips to originals and it is a case of if I could buy them I would, but it seems they are rather hard to come by.

I know Japanese versions of some of these exist, but this is what I appear to be missing and what was available at some point:

CineNoir
Cool Crafts
Exotic Sushi
Gundam Mobility Fleet
Gus Goes to Cyberopolis
Gus Goes to Kooky Carnival
DL-Zone: Interactive Theater
Movieoke
Mr. Potato Head Saves Veggie Valley
Navigator
Pegasus Prime

Puzzles?

Racing Days
Tarot Mystery (Japan)
Telebi Works
Terror T.R.A.X.
Web Browser

If anyone can help I would be grateful.

Edited by StarshipUK

I am guessing you two are Atari Jaguar fanboys? I am not NinSega. What I am asking for is no different to those who have posted ROM Packs of Atari 2600 games on this forum and there is a whole topic dedicated to Multicart and other devices to run ROM files on this site.

I am looking for obsolete games for a obsolete system which was also a market place failure, making it ten times harder to find any games for this system, however I want to play games on this system. I want to be able to use it and enjoy it, but I can't.

Now you two point me to a shop which is selling the games I have mentioned above brand new (or even second hand) for a reasonable price, and I will buy them... No, nothing? I thought not. I have looked and I have tried and asking for some help in locating these is my final option.

I also believe strongly in preservation and it would be a shame if these games were lost to time forever. Even if CD copies do exist, they are not going to last forever.

Pirated Software/Music/Movies/etc.

Do not post information on where to obtain pirated software, music, movies, or other copyrighted media. Please also do not post such material directly to the forums..

Sorry can't help you. You also need to do your own shopping. If this wasn't a request for pirated software you'd have posted in the Marketplace section with the subject: Wanted. That way you could rip it yourself like anyone else who buys their own property.

Sorry can't help you. You also need to do your own shopping. If this wasn't a request for pirated software you'd have posted in the Marketplace section with the subject: Wanted. That way you could rip it yourself like anyone else who buys their own property.

So I just found this thread here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/225209-30th-anniversary-7800-multi-cart-1/ which is selling pirated multicarts where the carts contain commercial game images. Very unlicenced and very dodgy.

So whats your opinion on people selling pirated carts on here - surely the sale of these will affect second hand sellers of these games, which are more available than the Bandai Pippin games I am seeking.

So I just found this thread here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/225209-30th-anniversary-7800-multi-cart-1/ which is selling pirated multicarts where the carts contain commercial game images. Very unlicenced and very dodgy.

So whats your opinion on people selling pirated carts on here - surely the sale of these will affect second hand sellers of these games, which are more available than the Bandai Pippin games I am seeking.

I don't think you're really interested in anything I say. You should be interested in the forum rules that Albert has laid out. Also, Albert himself wants one of those carts. Do you really want to question him too?

Why didn't you check with a mod before opening a topic like this?

Point me to the shop selling originals and I will buy them.

www.ebay.com and wait for them to pop up. Just because they aren't readily available on your schedule and at a price that you feel is reasonable doesn't mean you can pirate them to meet your needs.

And I'm pretty sure you are NinSega. One person doing iso begging for an obscure system is not unusual, two people in rapid succession looking for the same title is a reason to be suspect. Your snarky attitude in response to being called out only serves to further my belief of who you are. But, this post has already been reported to the mods and I am more than happy to provide them the proof I have of why I believe you are NinSega along with links to the multitude of threads where he has shown his true colors.

Its interesting you think it's OK if it is in your interest (Dodgy 7800 Multicart, could be classed as piracy in the same way), but not OK if its in someone elses interests (Bandai Pippin Games). The only difference is that pirate cart is being sold for money and I am not asking any money to change hands. The problems with piracy is people proferteering and companies/other people loosing money as a result of piracy. I am not asking anyone to make a profit from this and as the games are obsolete and totally unavailable no one would be loosing any money as a result. Neither of you are Admins and I have been in contact with the Admins on this site regarding this kind of thing before and was told it was not an issue. The concern comes in with current gen systems.

If you want to waste your time thinking I am someone else, well thats just sad. Have you not got better things to do or has this other person offended you so much? A simple google search for my forum name will show you I am me and not someone else, along with the threads I have posted in here and the fact I have been a contributing member here for several years.

I am simply a passionate euthisiast who collects hardware and not games (and have no interest in collecting games), but likes to play on the systems I own every so often. If any of these titles ever did appear (which I have not seen any appear in the last 3+ years) the only person making a profit would be the scum who is overcharging on selling the games for an over inflated price, and considering the poor quality of games on this system they really are not worth spending that much on. The author who made the game would not be making a penny out of this, so i'd rather get a backup and send a donation to the author of the game (if they could be located). I have even gone as far as contacting Apple to try and locate these games with no luck.

• Like 2

You wont take any suggestions. I've hinted that you should get this approved by a mod. I've hinted you should ask for real discs in the wanted section so you could rip your own. Maybe even work out gawd knows what in private with willing individuals.

You are asking for pirated materiel from companies like Bandai and Apple that are still very active and very interested in their property. I've already said this isn't a debate. You've been reported twice.

If it was an issue the Admin would have contacted me or taken this thread down by now, but like I said a similar thing happened in the past and I was told it was not an issue. I was pretty sure there was a rule here to let the Admins do their jobs and for the users to mind their own business and to allow the admins to admin the board rather than the users, but I could be wrong.

Quite happy to talk to someone in private, but need to find someone who can help first. People can't mindread what I am after to be able to contact me.

I also believe most of the software was made by 3rd party companies, much like Activision created games for the 2600. While Bandai and Apple created the hardware as far as I can tell they had little involvement with the games that were released for the system and only created the hardware, and also get the impression they would rather people forget about this failed system rather than remind anyone about it.

Your preservation and "I'd buy them if I could" angle doesn't impress me. I've already seen your request for the same warez on THE ISO ZONE.

If Albert publicly states Pippin warez is AOK then everyone like you gets your way. You could foster a whole community of Apple/Bandai CD rip "enthusiasts". Are you afraid to simply ask? Maybe you really do understand AtariAge is a forum full of collectors that spend years and thousands on procuring rare games. Back up your view with action.

Do not post information on where to obtain pirated software, music, movies, or other copyrighted media. Please also do not post such material directly to the forums. We will tolerate posting information regarding binary images for classic gaming consoles and computers, where the company controlling the copyrights is either no longer in business, unknown, or is not actively protecting the copyrights. Likewise, please do not post the entire contents of a story or article from another website directly into a thread on AtariAge. Quoting sections of such material is acceptable.

Can you really prove Bandai has stopped protecting Gundam (which is on your list of games)?

UPDATE:

So, you see the quandary. If I do help you and track down the ISOs I'm committing an offense. If you ask a mod and he is willing to state Pippin software is abandonware you get your ISOs.

This isn't about how I feel about your attitude or your view on piracy. It's how we deal with Pippin software now and in the future.

Did these titles even have (North American) retail distribution BITD?

Sure, they are listed on the Wikipedia page, but I have never seen any Pippin hardware (or software) for sale in an actual shop. Is it confirmed that any/all of these titles even exist?

ETA: It looks like the hardware was never actually sold at retail in Canada, but it was possibly licensed through a Quebec cable television provider as an Internet terminal. Presumably, then, no software was released here.

Edited by jhd

I'd give them to you if I had them. I don't subscribe to this elitist "no sharing" bullshit attitude.

Right. More people should share than covet. Trouble is, as the rules stand you might get banned. Then again, you might not. All that's needed here is a clear policy on Pippin games.

If we get the AOK then I could see more dev tools coming out of the woodwork for enthusiasts like NinSega.

Did these titles even have (North American) retail distribution BITD?

Sure, they are listed on the Wikipedia page, but I have never seen any Pippin hardware (or software) for sale in an actual shop. Is it confirmed that any/all of these titles even exist?

ETA: It looks like the hardware was never actually sold at retail in Canada, but it was possibly licensed through a Quebec cable television provider as an Internet terminal. Presumably, then, no software was released here.

I know some did exist as I found this thread a while back while searching:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/97762-bandai-pippin-for-sale-and-more-than-complet/

But that thread was a case of "My friend has it for sale" and then was no longer available, but still shows some of the software may exist.

Your preservation and "I'd buy them if I could" angle doesn't impress me. I've already seen your request for the same warez on THE ISO ZONE.

If Albert publicly states Pippin warez is AOK then everyone like you gets your way. You could foster a whole community of Apple/Bandai CD rip "enthusiasts". Are you afraid to simply ask? Maybe you really do understand AtariAge is a forum full of collectors that spend years and thousands on procuring rare games. Back up your view with action.

Do not post information on where to obtain pirated software, music, movies, or other copyrighted media. Please also do not post such material directly to the forums. We will tolerate posting information regarding binary images for classic gaming consoles and computers, where the company controlling the copyrights is either no longer in business, unknown, or is not actively protecting the copyrights. Likewise, please do not post the entire contents of a story or article from another website directly into a thread on AtariAge. Quoting sections of such material is acceptable.

Can you really prove Bandai has stopped protecting Gundam (which is on your list of games)?

UPDATE:

So, you see the quandary. If I do help you and track down the ISOs I'm committing an offense. If you ask a mod and he is willing to state Pippin software is abandonware you get your ISOs.

This isn't about how I feel about your attitude or your view on piracy. It's how we deal with Pippin software now and in the future.

I think the bigger question is do they no longer have any interest regarding that specific Gundam game on the specific Bandai Pippin system, you see otherwise surely Bandai would have issues with Pacman on the 7800, yet there is someone on here selling 7800 Multicarts with this game on it:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/225425-the-pacmanplus-sanctioned-30th-anniversary-cart-no-pms/

And also guess Taito may have issues with the Space Invaders game on this cart as well.

Also the other 7800 Multicart has Mario Bros on it, and I am pretty sure Nintendo are still protecting the Mario IP:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/224186-would-anybody-be-interested-in-this-30th-anniversary-multi-ended/

The main connection is both the 7800 and Pippin are obsolete discontinued systems where commercial software is no longer available for either system and although the 7800 is a bit older, the Pippin is about 19 years old and most likely obsolete for about 17-18 years.

I don't see your point about me posting for help elsewhere or even understand why you have mentioned it. I have not just copied and pasted the request and do not see an issue with searching for these on one other forum. So far these are the only two forums I have posted requests on.

• 2 months later...

I know I'm bumping a relatively old thread :P

I have most pippin @World games (I'm missing cool crafts, exotic sushi, and home improvement 1-2-3). Sadly they are all sealed so it's been hard deciding whether to open them or not as I'd like to make backups to so that they are never completely lost. I've been thinking when I get time I'd like to open them and make comprehensive scans of all the artwork, documentation, disc cover and also dump them... but I haven't had any time lately.

Off the list of titles commercially released in the united states (on Wikipedia) I think that some of the titles are speculated to have been released due to their appearance on the inside of the digipak cases but haven't actually been released. For example, I believe pegasus prime was released for the mac a full year after the last pippin game had been released. I have also never seen any evidence of Terror Trax getting a release. To a lesser extent play dough creations and Movieoke don't seem to have been released either. Some lists include gundam, I don't think that was released either. Of course, the only real evidence that any of these games exist is largely in the thread that was linked to in post #18 so it's possible there are others out there.

CineNoir
Compton's Interactive Encyclopedia
Cool Crafts
Exotic Sushi
Gus Goes to Cyberopolis
Gus Goes to the Kooky Carnival in search of Rant
Home Improvement 1-2-3
Movieoke
Navigator
Pegasus Prime
Power Rangers Zeo Vs. The Machine Empire
Playskool Puzzles
Play-Doh Creations
Racing Days
Super Marathon
Terror T.R.A.X.
TV Works

The same thing applies to many japanese releases. There is a pippin catalog disc but only about 75% of the games featured ever seem to have gotten a release. Not really a big deal imo because I'm not sure I even saw one unreleased game in there that would've been worth playing. There are some additional Japanese games that seem decent, but the number that are actually enjoyable is greatly reduced if you are not fluent in Japanese.

I am looking for obsolete games for a obsolete system which was also a market place failure, making it ten times harder to find any games for this system, however I want to play games on this system. I want to be able to use it and enjoy it, but I can't.

Now you two point me to a shop which is selling the games I have mentioned above brand new (or even second hand) for a reasonable price, and I will buy them... No, nothing? I thought not. I have looked and I have tried and asking for some help in locating these is my final option.

I should point out two issues with what you wrote though...

(1) Most of the @World games are not games and are not very enjoyable. The only ones I found myself liking were Power Rangers (this game is riddled with bugs and sloppy programming, but it's very creative and had some decent design... kind of a guilty pleasure) and super marathon. Racing Days is trash but it's a good technical example on the system.

(2) A "reasonable price" is relative to what you think it is. Pippin games sell for an absurd amount of money if you buy them on sites like ebay (maybe you can get lucky with a pawn shop or friend of a friend type find).

• Like 1

(1) Most of the @World games are not games and are not very enjoyable. The only ones I found myself liking were Power Rangers (this game is riddled with bugs and sloppy programming, but it's very creative and had some decent design... kind of a guilty pleasure) and super marathon. Racing Days is trash but it's a good technical example on the system.

Not sure if you played it, but Tropic Island is a really solid digital pinball game for the system. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Well that's an AtMark game :P I was referring to @World because that seems to be the particular set of games that StarShipUK is most interested in sourcing because most known AtMark games have been dumped.

Off his list I believe I've seen the following shared online before...
Gundam Mobility Fleet (Japan) - not the USA version which I speculate doesn't exist.
L-Zone: Interactive Theater (Japan) - no USA version has been suggested to exist before.

Playskool Puzzles

Racing Days (Japan / USA)
Tarot Mystery (Japan) - No USA version has been suggested to exist before. This isn't really a game, it's really quite bad.
TV Works

I see StarShipUK has been posting requests for these titles in warez forums too...

Anyway of the Atmark games i thought a few of those were decent too... such as L-Zone, Shockwave (extremely average), Tunin' glue is kind of amusing to mess around with a little, Jungle Park if you're bored to death and have nothing else to do. I'm not sure about tropic island, I've played it a few times but never got too into it... maybe I should try and give it a chance, just looks really basic.

Edited by Willard

It would be a shame if these titles were lost forever, as they do seem to exist in small quantity and CD media does have a limited lifespan.

I am in England which makes things more difficult for me. The Bandai Pippin never had a major UK/Europe release like it did in Japan and USA, and the Katz units sold less than 1000 and as far as I can tell they never imported or sold games or software titles for the system, and have never seen any appear. Not all foreign EBay sellers will ship outside their country either.

As for posting on Warez sites, I am sure it was mentioned here (perhaps it was deleted?) that I posted this request on one other site, isozone - which helped me find a few titles which I then realised I had made a mistake and actually already had. Not really sure why I bothered though, as other items I have looked for there have never been added either, but since underground gamer no longer exists it is one of the better sources to get games for Everdrives and other Multicarts that have been released, while the legallity of the site can be seen by some as a bit grey.

Interestingly after taking my Bandai Pippin to a big retro gaming event here in the UK it was more popular than I thought it would be (perhaps being Apple related and not seen so often in the UK?). There is a picture of my unit here during the setup: https://www.flickr.com/photos/andrewrunagall/14436670877/in/set-72157645606889741/

I know the machine started off with Racing Days (I am wondering if there is any big difference with the Japanese and USA version of that game), and then I think it changed to super marathon for most of the event. If I never get hold of the missing USA versions of these games for this system so be it - people at the events will have to make do with what is available and what I have got. Currently most my money is going on repairing and maintenance of the machines which were not working correctly at the event (Memotech MTX, Amiga 1200, Atari Falcon etc...) and upgrading and improving others (Sharp X68000). I have also managed to get hold of a untested Bally Astrocade which is on its way to me, and a Atari 5200 which is a system that was only released in USA and not available in UK and Europe. I also have an Apogee BK-01C waiting to be collected from the post office which is a Russian computer, and could be fun as I don't speak Russian and information about them on the interenet is limited - even more so information in English so expect to also find me posting on a few multiple forums to ask for help with that one!