IGNORED

philips cd-i find

Yeah it seems like those larger models of the CD-i are a lot easier to find than the more console looking redesign I have. But the larger ones are also the ones that are rumored to work with burned games.

The console-looking ones also play CD-r media (or at least, the 450 models do). They are a bit finicky with them, but in my experience I think that has to do more with how the systems start to act up when the internal battery (aka the Timekeeper) dies. Everything goes out of whack when that happens, and even normal games sometimes won't read properly. :lol:

I've found several CD-I units at goodwills mixed in amongst the VCRs and CD Players. They still show up every so often.

I still go into Goodwills just in hopes I will run across a CD-i in the wild. That's how I found my N501 Nuon. No CD-i system yet though.

That's funny, i mainly look for Nuons and find CD-is. Anyone want to trade, lol?

I honestly think I have 3 of the 220 types. I actually owned a 450 or 550.. the console one. Bought it when it came out, but i actually preferred the component look of the 22x models so I sold my 550 and got a 220 instead. Probably not the best move from a collector stand point but I had the 220 in my A/V rack for awhile as it fit in well.

Try finding a dvc, then you will be able to play all games that come on the cd-i, like the American Laser Games, shooter games or improved audio on the game "the apprentice".

Games like Burn:Cycle, The apprentice, Lucky Luke, The 7th Guest, Secret Mission, Flashback are nice games to have for the system.