IGNORED

Super Pac-Man

NinjaWarrior

Seeing as a homebrewer pulled off Ladybug, Id say its doable

And what a job that was... If there is a better port of any arcade on the VCS I don't know about it.

Ladybug is awesome.

I wish more ports are that faithful or were redone to be that close to the arcade.

Rob Kudla's hack of MsPac-Man for Pac-Man is another great job well done.

I've thought about taking up the project, but I have too many others to work on, plus I probably wouldn't be able to pull it off. Maybe after I do a few more 2600 games ;)

the 'giant' pac-man is where the trouble comes in for the 2600, isn't it? The best you could do for him is playfield graphics which you are already using for the maze (and being asymetrical, natch,) tough stuff...

No, not really. The Player Sprite pixels can be stretched to 2x and 4x there regular width to make them much larger (the game Outlaw does this for example). I think one of the biggest problems is the items you eat and the keys, there are too many of them and there would have to be serious flicker.

Maybe we need to ask Breakpack. I hope he doesn't mind me calling him out.

Thanks for the compliment,but I wish I had half the skills you do!I tried studying over the programming tutorials and even printed them out.Looking at that really makes me appreciate what you did with Pac-Man 4k even more!By FAR the best 2600 Pac to date.Thanks to all of you Pac enthusiasts out there (Nukey and PacManPlus especially ;) )

I didn't get too far on it :( I did change the maze around,which is the extent of my abilities.......I couldn't get Pac and the ghosts to follow it properly without crashing :(

This is based on DEBRO's Pac-Man 4k source.

All I've done is use Crimson Editor and change the maze around a bit and recompiled it.If it's ok with you DEBRO,I'll post the source? :ponder:

It's not much,but the screenshots (and the .bin) look nice! :)

post-4102-1231308855_thumb.jpg

post-4102-1231308864_thumb.jpg

post-4102-1231308871_thumb.jpg

post-4102-1231308879_thumb.jpg

superpacaug24v2.bin

edit:It does crash,so it's not a problem with your emulators....

Edited by Breakpack

This is based on DEBRO's Pac-Man 4k source.

All I've done is use Crimson Editor and change the maze around a bit and recompiled it.If it's ok with you DEBRO,I'll post the source? :ponder:

That's fine with me but I believe a true Super Pac-man kernal would be more like Lady Bug.

Ok,I found 3 sources.I'm not sure which one I compiled the .bin I posted above,but I assume it's the latest dated file. Funny thing is,it wasn't last year in August that I did this,it was August 2007! :-o

superpacman4Kaug23.zip

superpacaug24.zip

superpacaug27.zip

Uncle Bob can do anything! (I'm a little biased though). :)

He can make an awesome 7800 version I am positive of it! But he usually doesn't program for 2600.

Can PacManPlus pull it off??

Looks like Mummy and Daddy are brought you up on the good stuff bean....remember...STAY ATARI....avoid anything that doesnt say atari

I've thought about taking up the project, but I have too many others to work on, plus I probably wouldn't be able to pull it off. Maybe after I do a few more 2600 games ;)

You are young and full of daring-do! Try your hand at Fonz and Crazy Kong first ;)

As the the praise for Ladybug, allow me to join in this chorus. WONDERFUL game!

Wp