BANNED

Default Yakuza Studio's New FIST OF THE NORTH STAR Game

Fist of the North Star Yakuza game sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Game is doing that thing the anime tv show does where characters go into silhouette when they explode.

Sega’s Yakuza Studio has announced Hokuto ga Gotoku, a Fist of the North Star (Hokuto no Ken) game developed by the studio behind Yakuza, for PlayStation 4. It will launch in Japan in 2018.

The action adventure game will star Fist of the North Star series protagonist Kenshiro, voiced by Yakuza‘s Kazuma Kiryu voice actor Takaya Kuroda, and feature a completely new story set in “Eden,” the great entertainment district of century’s end where the hopes and desires of the people assemble. Players will be able to enjoy various action and exploration, including Yakuza series-style play spots.

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/yakuza-st...-ga-gotoku-ps4

Extraordinary Member

I thought this was going to be a Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat type of fighting game.

It would be cool if they gave you differing types of fatalities as you progress.

Finding new and novel ways to destroy your foes is probably going to be the source of most of this game's play value.

As a big fan of the yakuza games, I think it has ton of potential. At the very least, it means it will have a ton of things to do. The dragon engin is quite great and the gameplay should be really enjoyable. In the yakuza games, you learn a lot of new tricks the more you play.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I thought this was going to be a Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat type of fighting game.

It would be cool if they gave you differing types of fatalities as you progress.

Finding new and novel ways to destroy your foes is probably going to be the source of most of this game's play value.
    They probably will. You unlock quite a number of moves in the Yakuza games, and this is basically a Yakuza game with Fist of the North Star from the looks of it. I think the title even something like Like a North Star, Like a Dragon being the Japanese name for Yakuza.

Here a nice video on Yakuza 0 if you don't know much about the series.

I love FoTNS so this was quite the pleasant surprise. I was actually in the middle of watching a bunch of FoTNS videos when this got announced. This game's announcement and the video above also convinced me to finally get into the Yakuza series which, for some reason, I never have despite thinking that the games looked cool.

Started Yakuza 0 yesterday and I can see I've been missing out.

So 80's. Mel Gibson must be pissed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFsy...ature=youtu.be

this a parody/homage to the yakuza games. It has english subtitles too. We shot it during one week-end.