[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Subject
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

[Catalog] [Archive]

Pub Crawl Edition

>>IF YOU ARE ASKING A QUESTION, PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH GAME YOU'RE PLAYING<<<

Previous thread: >>92777853

/pfg/ (pathfinder 1e) link repository: https://pastebin.com/RSt0rF0T
/p2g/ (pathfinder 2e) link repository: https://pastebin.com/1zySxwm3
/sfg/ (starfinder) link repository: https://pastebin.com/5yp9s2U3
/3eg/ (D&D 3.X) link repository: https://pastebin.com/VMRsxB2m
The T̶r̶o̶v̶e̶ Vault (seed, please!): bit<dot>ly/2Y1w4Md

TQ: What is your favourite location in Golarion?
303 replies and 33 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>92824852
What does expert wisdom mean.
I recommend you guys don't use free archetype.
>>
>>92823526
You don't even have to do that, though. Easy enough to use a 1h weapon so a Spellstriker Staff (with its Shifting rune, notably) can give you at least half a dozen extra Sure Strike castings.
>>
File: 1707850751278398.gif (1.24 MB, 240x240)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB GIF
>>92824871
>I recommend you guys don't use free archetype.
>>
>>92823909
We've had this discussion before. Make your own private ones and heavily gatekeep them. The reason they are so pervasive is because normal people are outside living their lives while the terminally online wokeys just glomp onto every open nerdy community and infest it with their ideology like a plague. HRT has hit the NEET community like crack hit the black community in the 70s.
>>
>>92824898
If free Archetype is so great, why doesn't it work with Ancient Elves?

what do you guys think of this system? I got invited to a game using it and I'm not really hooked after looking at the manual, it seems really jank
10 replies and 1 image omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>92820030
Looks terrible from just skimming through it.

Also, I know making TTRPGs is pretty much not something you choose to do and instead is more like trying to kill this brainworm that is eating you from the inside, but holy shit I can't think of anything else right now that could interest me less than this, what is even the point of this crap.

Anyway, I'm not the target audience, I still hope it sells well and people play it, author-kun.
>>
>>92820123
bro it's $25 and i ain't paying that beaner shitlord the privilege, try again
>>
>>92819950
Got banned from their discord for asking questions about one of the game's OWN MAJOR FACTIONS because apparently showing interest in said faction is wrongthink. Imagine joining a Fallout discord and getting banned for asking questions about the Enclave. It's THAT bad.

Yeah, yeah, discord drama I know. Still, killed my interest in the community and wanting to run the game entirely.
>>
>>92820308
hahah wtf
>>
>>92817931
The game only exists at the table, until then it's just a book.

It's not like you have anything better to spend your time on.

File: Charlize van Zyl.jpg (370 KB, 1170x1440)
370 KB
370 KB JPG
Charlize van Zyl edition

>Calendar:
- Grand Chess Tour: Superbet Poland Rapid & Blitz | May 7th - 12th
- Champions Chess Tour: Chess.com Classic | May 8th - 15th
- Sharjah Masters | May 13th - 23rd
- Norway Chess | May 26th - June 7th
- Teplice Open | June 15th - 23rd
- Grand Chess Tour: Superbet Romania Chess Classic | June 25th - July 5th
- Grand Chess Tour: SuperUnited Croatia Rapid & Blitz | July 9th - 14th
- Biel International Chess Festival | July 13th - 26th
- Champions Chess Tour: Event 3 | July 17th - 24th
- Open Internacional Vila de Sitges | July 22nd - 30th
- Sparkassen Chess Trophy | August 10th - 18th
- 45th Chess Olympiad | September 10th - 23rd

Comment too long. Click here to view the full text.
129 replies and 18 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>92775389
>>92776835
En Passant should be more easily understood than Castling, honestly, but I didn't get it for the longest time. Fewer exceptions and qualifications. Castling is only better understood because it happens nearly every game.
>>
>>92816396
I've been using an antique wooden banker's chair lately but I need to try to take it apart and redo the glue because it's old and starting to rattle a bit.
>>
>>92805139
Their official website sucks, but at least they use the socials for photos.
>>
>>92821287
>>92823976
>Pastebin tranny Is asleep
>No posts for 7 hours
Lmao kys faggot
If there even is someone else left here the real general Is on /vg/
>>
>>92823976
I'm surprised by their dress code for women.

File: AD&D-DMG.jpg (1.35 MB, 1709x2177)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
Welcome to the Old School Renaissance General, the thread dedicated to the first decade of TSR-era D&D, derived systems, and compatible content.

Broadly, OSR games encourage a tonal and mechanical fidelity to Dungeons & Dragons as played in the game's first decade—less emphasis on linear adventures and overarching meta-plots and a greater emphasis on player agency.

If you are new to the OSR, welcome! Ask us whatever you're curious about: we'll be happy to help you get started.

>Troves, Resources, Blogs, etc:
http://pastebin.com/ja6cjHgs

>Need a starter dungeon? Here's a curated collection:
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/86342023/#q86358321

>Previous thread:
>>92787183

55 replies and 5 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>92824754
>Please fuck off
No.
>>
File: 1708413348888135.gif (471 KB, 474x379)
471 KB
471 KB GIF
>>92824722
>>92824723
I'm not reading a single word of your shit.
>>92824758
Jeffro actually has an interesting thesis on that.

1. Sometimes you need to tell others (in the OSR and in general) to fuck off

2. Fuck off
>>
>>92821180
Why did you change the pastebin link, it's the exact same text and it fucks up my filters.

>>92821208
Why do you repeat the thread question instean of just posting the OC roll table in text, the image is lame, the thumbnail is not eyecatchy, and I can't access the osrg blogspot with one click.

Is this another attempt at fucking with the thread or sneaking useless drama shit into the OP and claim it was always there? Don't do that dude.
>page 6 new thread & broshit
Ah well, it probably is.
>>
>>92824840
>Why did you change the pastebin link, it's the exact same text and it fucks up my filters.
I created a new imgur gallery with more covers to choose from.

>Why do you repeat the thread question instean of just posting the OC roll table in text, the image is lame, the thumbnail is not eyecatchy, and I can't access the osrg blogspot with one click.
It's been like this for months, Anon. I just mindlessly copied from those before me.
>>
>>92824840
>>92824923
>Why do you repeat the thread question instean of just posting the OC roll table in text
Anon, I just went and checked, as far as I can see the last time the OC roll table was posted in text was in november 2023:
>>90881345
And you complain about it six months later? Who's stirring drama shit?

Anyway, it's a reasonable request, I agree that the image sucks. and I have added it to the pastebin for future use by people making new posts. I'll make sure to do so if I am the one to make it.

File: IMG_2721.jpg (70 KB, 638x826)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
Ok no memes, no “the game is unsalvageable”. How would you fix up pic related so it’s actually good?
165 replies and 17 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>92824676
Are you replying to some imaginary post in your mind? Where did I say something about levels other than they exist in every d&d iteration?
>>
>>92824478
>remove short and long rests

It's like I hate it so much but at the same time I'm surprised One didn't change that. I get why they would, it would fix the caster/martial problem, but still.
>>
Include a derringer with a custom bullet size with every book and label it "conflict management". Sell additional bullets at slightly marked up prices. Make no changes to the game.
>>
>>92824662
>Levels
>Classes
>At least Fighter, Mage and Cleric available
>At least Elf, Dwarf, Halfling available
>AC
>Vancian / slot magic/power
>Hit points & hit die
>d20 roll to hit
>STR, DEX, CON, INT, WIS, CHA
>Alignments
>Dungeons
>Dragons
Add to the list:
- baseline and unmodified attribute scores ranging 3-18;

>>
>>92806507
Shit bait thread. 5e is a great game and I've been playing it since release.

File: IMG_8661.jpg (1.45 MB, 990x1317)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
Welcome to Mecha Monday! Here we dedicate ourselves to mecha RPGs, war games, and board games alike. Here we start games, tell campaign stories, share resources & assets, and seek advice for our games and homebrew.

Heavy Gear 4e is now officially out: https://legacy.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/457450

Assorted Mecha Goodness:
https://pastebin.com/E2wi55AZ

Previous Thread: >>92714895

Thread Question: What enemy mecha squads have appeared in your games!

Thread Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiFyyk9JW_M
192 replies and 41 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>92824791
Farming, digging and construction seem like pretty straightforward ones. Underwater work could be a good spot for mechs. You could use them for some sorts of competitive sports too I guess. Some sort of emergancy response mech seems like it might be a good idea. Really I guess it depends on the shape and the setting but you could probably find a reason for using a mech in place of any vehicle if mechs are a thing that exist. You could even do something like a big parade float type thing built to make some sort of spectacle.
>>
>>92824791
At typical mecha scale, probably not a lot of interaction with human scale stuff without some side effects. Industrial stuff like moving heavy equipment, using mega tools, dangerous terrain work and so on is always applicable. Speech, can be used as propaganda, like walking through the streets as a giant unignorable billboard. Doctor, you could have a suite of medical kit to operate like a humanoid ambulance, either using outer arms or secreting any injured persons within the mech's frame. Thief is difficult simply due to the size but you could have a stealth field generator sort of deal that only works at scale, nothing smaller than a big tank or mech can lug it around.
>>
>>92824825
Farming seems like a good one. I could see hydroponics mecha being an extension of a doctor type character as well for making herbs on the fly (or as much on the fly as growing herbs is) construction also is good but I feel like that's always the second role behind military vehicle. Emergency response such as firefighters could develop into being non-combat focused. My idea is less using mechs in place of vehicles and more in place of people to an extent. I want to try and minimize the gap between mecha and pilot as much as is reasonable.
>>92824851
Yeah I'm not expecting mecha to be a full replacement as otherwise i'd be better to just have a normal RPG with humans or human-like mecha I.E. Transformers or Brave. My idea is that a pilots skill set could be amplified by the mecha, so if you have a diplomatic speech charactern their mecha would be focused around comms and leadership as well as enemy deception and the like. A thief or rogue could have a mecha with high radar use and easy safecracking or hacking skill sets. As much out of the box uses for mecha that moves away from standard combat.
>>
File: rx-78ms00z-incom.jpg (275 KB, 1500x1198)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>92824870
You could give them a bunch of wire bits with grabbers on them or something. I feel like that would be roguish.
>>
>>92821160
NTA, but to my knowledge (South only)...

The SRA is Imperial France
Mekong Dominion combines tropical SEA nations, imperial Japans (honor, katanas, taipans, etc.) and is pretty much a reference to Uoodo from VOTOMS.
Humanist Alliance is Singapore (high tech police state) with a caste system
ESE is Saudi Arabia as an oligarchy (the 50 crew members of the Eastern Sun founded 50 royal families and they jointly rule the territories).

I like the South much more than the North,

File: Ananasi_Babe.jpg (322 KB, 1133x2048)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
Ananasi Femme Fatale Edition

>Previous Thread
>>92805080

>Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/WiCHizn0
>Mediafire
https://mediafire.com/folder/s9esc6u7ke8k5/CofD
>Mega I
https://mega.nz/folder/ePQ1BKhJ#RCosRCh59Ki2Mpb1M9H3Uw
>Mega II (also containing fanmade games)
https://mega.nz/folder/ZbQ2zLJA#DOT-3df6rS2lLet4_RmqJQ/folder/gfASQLSB
>WoD5 Mega
https://mega.nz/folder/7rQQ1LbQ#16_AiXVGo0P3_rVOJuoZyA

98 replies and 15 images omitted. Click here to view.
>>
>>92824490
that's fair, but we been talking about golconda earlier and that also has zero rules and because of that both it's requirements and effects are also 100% up to the st

>>92824596
you gotta remember most werewolf books that even talk about vampires really really want vampires to be wyrmish not weaverish not matter if it makes sense or not
>>
>>92824607
True, but given that Infernalism does damn your soul, usually all it takes is a single step, I'd rather not lock it out. I'm sure between Thaumatugy, spirit pacts, & garou gifts, I'll find a way to ignore silver & fire
>>
>>92824623
tell me if you find one, the best thing i know is turning fire damage into bashing and then using thaumatugry to give yourself 2 more dice to soak fire and resist fire frenzy

as for silver there is one werewolf gift that allows you to soak it, but i don't think it does more so the best thing to combine it that i know is to ask a friendly mummy to give you a anti metal amulet but that also only gives you 2-3 extra dice to soak
>>
File: get fucked.jpg (64 KB, 278x582)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>Mages can't generate artificial sunl-ACK
>>
>>92824535
You're mistaking the Virtual Adepts with the Nephandi. Adepts are the shitposter super hackers. Nephandi are the edgelord evil for the sake of evil irredeemables.

Previous Thread: >>92692698
For: Creation and discussion of Lewd RPGs; including Solo Rpgs, Homebrews, and examples of play (Greentexts)

Not for: "Looking For Group" posts, sperging about Hentai

>What's a Solo RPG?
1: YouTube (Season 1 of Me, Myself & Die!), 2: Solo RPG General: >>92743849

>Official Thread's Discord
https://discord.gg/DJJqvkKMae

>Lewd Solo Games
Labyrinthus: https://gm-bertus.itch.io/labyrinthus